Dedicated Member
ELITE
Surzy_MrSure
Surzy_MrSure
ELITE
Ratings
199 3
1674352625367.png

The image above is an Island that was originally my target for ecological destruction (I needed excavation mcmmo) but the more I flatten it I think it could serve as a great area for community games and events.
My question is, what should it be used for? I thought about making a Greco-Roman Colosseum for PVP, since it would be a flat area, in the wild so players wouldn't lose items, and serve as an alternative for areas that are now blacklisted or too unsafe (the top of relicrypts is off limits, icehaven has the moose and the void, Burninglands and PVP at spawn you drop your stuff). I also considered making it a shipping port theme, and having capture the flag or hide and seek or whatever else (and still leaving a flat area in the middle for pvp) Final idea is a medieval warring castles theme for similar mini-games. I could also make it a boat race maze or a horse race track and maze.

My hope with this is that, while I understand having a giant unclaimed island would be prone to being griefed, players would make a collective effort to preserve the area, and would strongly discourage claiming over the island. If I have to, I will claim around a grid of chunks to prevent nearby claiming while minimizing the effect on the actual arena or functionality.

Let me know what you think! (Of course, I'm not done making a dam around the island and making a more clean floor. Just asking now so I know what to plan for while I continue building)

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,176 288
just make is a massive betting thing where u can duel eachother for money and yeah I think you should make it a Greco Roman colosseum