What's the difference between atlas and aether?

So, I'm pretty new to the server and I saw that in Olympus there are 2 servers, atlas, and aether. What are the differences between these 2? I went into both of them for a bit and the only differences I've found is that aether has more people, atlas is on 1.13.2 and aether is on 1.12.2, and lastly that aether is on season 2.
Edit: Also, is it ok if I join atlas on 1.12.2? What will be different?

Hayleyx

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Hayleyx
Hayleyx
Senior Mod
Ratings
483 21
Between both servers there are no differences game-play wise. However, the economies and player bases are different, which means that conversations within chat are different and prices are. Also, leader-boards will be different in each realm of Olympus.
You should be fine using 1.12.2, also.

Last edited:

ExclusiveKeeper

MVP
ExclusiveKeeper
ExclusiveKeeper
MVP
Ratings
Atlas works best in 1.12.2 still, to my knowledge, as I play on Atlas too, and the only difference really is the amount of players on each. I’ve noticed Atlas be pretty easy to get woven into the people there while I’ve heard it’s more settled down in Aether and harder to get into like a group of people

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
A little back story on the two Olympus realms! When Aether became too overpopulated, the decision was made to open a second one, Atlas. At first, they did differ in some ways appart from player base. When the reset came, the decision was made to reset both and have them be made exact copies to make it easier for devs to implement things. Appart from some bugs that are a bit specific to either Atas or either, they have 0 difference. Aether's playerbase is generally more active and competitive while Atlas is usually more laid back and calm. Both realms work the best on 1.12.2 but 1.13 would work as well. Do recommend to not go above 1.13 as the plot worlds will glitch out.

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
If you are the competitive type, go for aether. If you just wanna play for fun, go for atlas. The community in atlas is generally more chill and laid-back. I personally prefer atlas. You can find me there most of the time. :D