What’s the stupidest reason you got in trouble in school?

BlueRaspberries

VIP+
BlueRaspberrie3
BlueRaspberrie3
VIP+
Ratings
88 1
I have a story from middle school. I always enjoyed selling/giving away candy to others. Seems like a harmless thing eh? Apparently not. After a few months I visited the assistant principle and had to take all my candy home. I obviously thought it was stupid. (still do!) I decided to bring some candy back the next week. I threw some lollipops across the schoolyard like willy Wonka for my classmates to fight over. And thats when I was sent back. I was given a detention for "inappropriate behavior at recess." Which was beyond what actually occurred. Long story short, I never did end up serving that detention ;)

Leapinglizard101

MVP+
leapinglizard101
leapinglizard101
MVP+
Ratings
17 2
In grade 7 during lunch we ( 4/5 people ) were playing tag, it always rains here so the grass was all a bit wet ( That's what she said ), game mode was infection so once you were tagged you also became it ( I think we called it zombie ). Another person and I were chasing this guy on the top of a slope/hill, it was a bit sketchy but he went up there to we were gonna chase him. Anyways all three of us were close and it was a matter of time before he was tagged. This guy me and my friend were chasing was a soccer player and had an ego as big as the country ( and he still does ), I went in for the tag. I got him in the left shoulder, it was a light tag cause he was a speedy boi. I think at that point he tried to dodge right to avoid me on the left. He slipped or tripped and somehow slid down the entire slope on his back, landing right in a huge pile of mud and water built up from the past few days.
At this point me and my friend agreed that he would go help and I would continue playing because there were still players left and if we both went to help the game would have to stop. After lunch, I was called down to the office for some reason, and I was very confused. the guy was still claiming that I shoved him with two hand contact down the hill on purpose. He went home because of his "injuries" and I was sent home, even though my friend took my side. ( The only injury that guy had was a hurt ego, no way a nerd could outrun such a best soccer player ). I know this is long but wait it get better. The next day after 3:00 pm ( After the bell to go home ) his dad was picking him up, soccer player gets in the car and at this point, I'm sure the dad has only heard one side of the story. I was waiting outside the classroom ( outside portable classes so you can see everything around you ) and I see the dad get out of the car and he starts walking my direction. I go back inside the class because I know the teacher is still inside and I sit down to do "homework" she asks what I'm doing before I could answer the door swings open so fast it tears the metal things holding the door on top to make sure it closes smoothly right off the wall. Not even paying attention to the fact he just broke the door the short Italian father, starts raising his voice at me ( nothing wrong with short Italian fathers but this guy was something special ). The teacher steps in between us, at this point there is probably 5 feet between us. the teacher was only able to get him out of the room by threatening to call the cops. after he left the principal and cops were called and I and the teacher went to the office. No charges were laid but the principal said he was no longer allowed to step on school property.

Taracait

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Taracait
Taracait
ELITE
Ratings
37 11
I didn't wear a coat outside during Elementary school and got in trouble by one of the safety monitors.

Toshhi

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
Toshhi
Toshhi
Patron+
Ratings
86 1
I think the one time I got into some kind of major trouble was in math class in like year 8, where my teacher was trying to teach our already disruptive class about algebra.
I've never understood or been good at simple algebra let alone the stuff the teacher was trying to teach us, and I managed to get pretty frustrated with the work and after having asked for help multiple times from the teacher and getting nothing but a dirty look back, I asked the fatal question of "When would I ever even use algebra?".
Well, this got me sent to isolation for a week, as well as my parents having had to have a meeting with the headteacher because it was an 'inappropriate question'. Never got the answer to that question while at that school, but eventually did when I moved schools a year and a half later and asked my math teacher the same question, to which he straight away gave me multiple examples of when I would ever use algebra!
Pretty dumb, but it has been like four years since that happened. Still don't understand any of it though xD

ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
I remember one time in sixth grade, the teacher was explaining how to do something and while I was just sitting there paying attention, he yelled at me for not doing what I was supposed to be doing and I got so confused! I never got in trouble so I was terrified and all of my classmates were confused as well! About 10 seconds later he apologized, saying he thought I was doing something which I wasn't supposed to be doing. To this day, I still wonder what he thought I was doing!

BuffIzzy

Dedicated Member
PATRON
BuffIzzy
BuffIzzy
Patron
Ratings
176 1
This is a very stupid reason, and it isn’t very long, but when I was in grade four we had planners that we had to take home to get signed every night before school the next day. One night both my parents and I forgot to get my planner signed and I didn’t realize till the next morning in my first class. I quickly signed it and forged my moms signature. Little did I realize at the time, I was in grade 4 and had terrible handwriting so it was obvious it wasn’t my mum who did it. I ended up getting my very first and only detention.

Paige

Forum Expert
MVP+
Ratings
211 1
Yall have long stories, I literally got shouted at and given an after school detention (2 hours) because i had a sip of water when the teacher asked me a question.

MerryT

ELITE
MerryT
MerryT
ELITE
Ratings
18 2
I got in a lot of trouble in the 6th Grade because I found a cat at recess and played with it, it ended up being the cat of a girl at my school that had wandered to the school and I got detention for 3 days straight.

Kenzie

VIP
qtKenzie
qtKenzie
Ratings
year 2, (grade 1) threw a rubber at a teacher, hit her right in the eye. To this day I still don't know why I was sent home and told off.

Etring

MVP
Ratings
28 1
At the end of last school year one of the final classes we had was foods class. We had this teacher that didn't teach us anything, and expected us to know how to make any type of food instantly. At the end of the school year I heard her say that "Girls get higher grades because they're meant to be in the kitchen". She gave higher grades to all the girls, even some who didn't even participate.

Bxrryy

Bxrryy
Bxrryy
Ratings
59 2
I was having nerds before assembly and a teacher pulled me over thinking it was drugs, I facepalmed so hard!

GuardME

Ratings
I don't know if you had the "green, yellow, blue, red" system, with green being good behavior and red being worst.
Well anyway, I managed to avoid yellow for so long until I got my 5th grade teacher.
I had been struggling in math that year, and me and a couple of other classmates struggled on one assignment.
So what does she do? SHE PUTS US ON YELLOW FOR NOT UNDERSTANDING IT.
I've never been more confused. Like, because I didn't understand it I was in trouble?

Elementary school's all I got, I never really got into trouble in my later school years.
This reminds me of a time I wasn't paying attention and she was teaching math and she called me up and told me to draw a carrot on the board and I literally started drawing a carrot and she told me to flip my card to yellow because she meant this ^

ileoid

Ratings
51 17
w-wh-when i bit into a b-b-b-ean burrito. the beans f-f-f-flew o-out of the burrito, a-across t-t-th-the cl-classroom a-and uh a-and w-w-w-w-w-went o-on t-to t-t-the uh t-tea-teacher's f-f-face huufufuhfu

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
I stabbed someone with a broken pencil when i was in kindergarten

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
WOW DO I HAVE A STORY

so i went to a private, catholic, high school, and there was a certain religion teacher there that was just an awful person. She would make life hell for students who were obviously not catholic. I use to be catholic, until the start of high school when I no longer agreed with the morals and views because I came out as gay and was completely shut out from my local group which lead to me questioning my belief. I wasn't rude or anything in school, and I still got good grades in religion class because I wasn't the kind of person to not pay attention because I didn't care.

In my last year of high school, I had the pleasure of being a student in this particular teacher's class. Half way through the year, we were discussing the sensitive topic of abortion, and everyone in the class respectfully gave their opinion. When it was my turn, I was about to speak about the fact I am pro-choice, when the teacher says to me "you don't get to say anything because you'll never be pregnant."

So then I left the classroom with tears rushing down my face because at the time I was still sensitive to other people commenting negatively about my choices, and I got detention FOR LEAVING THE CLASSROOM WITHOUT ASKING FOR PERMISSION!

High school is... fun lmao.

that teacher needs to go f*** themselves for doing that to you

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
Oh I got 2 stories

Last year in 6th grade, our ancient dinosaur teacher was out for like 3 months (or more) because of a heart surgery. We wound up with this asshole sub named Ms. Assman. No joke. That's literally her name (except it's pronounced Ozz-Man but idgaf)

So this bitch named Mason who I hated, decided to frick with me when we were making box forms out of paper to put cubes in (you know what I mean) and he was doing something to me and I yelled at him. This sub FRICKING YELLED at me and sent us both to the hallway, after I tried to explain myself. And Mason was smiling. This sub was the only sub that ever made me cry.

That same year, at the end of gym class, this kid named Parker (he was one of those hotshot showoffs who always act like they are cool) grabbed my sweatshirt from the stage, and ran off with it. I cussed him off and chased him. This pigsnout ugly kid who was a snitch and a jerk, named Dominic, wrote a note telling the teacher what words I said, and crossed off the letters that made them swears, handed it to our dinosaur teacher. The teacher told me to go to the counselor and "tell her about my french" or smthin. By then I was ready to lose it because my teacher was kinda scary ;-;
I went to the counselor's office and started explaining what happened, but then I just started crying my eyes out. Thankfully, our counselor was fine with swearing and even slipped a few herself :D

She sent me back to class and my teacher was giving me the stink eye.

She will always be my favorite teacher :)

(EDIT: have another, sorry I'm loaded with these)
Another 6th grade story yay :rolleyes:

Our reading/writing teacher (aka the other class's teacher) asked if we even wanted his help when he was chewing us out for smthin, and I said no quietly, and he sent me to the office, I was there for the rest of the day. Apparently it was a rhetorical question and supposedly I was being disrespectful. I kinda was being a smartass so...

At least it was the last class of the day

Last edited: