Which books do you enjoy reading / listening to?

Remy

ELITE
VCplays
VCplays
ELITE
Ratings
In the spirit of @Sonic_Raptor 's quest to increase forum activity:

What books would you absolutely recommend others read or did you really enjoy reading yourself?

I quite enjoyed the "Throne of Glass" series of Sarah J Maas, as a nice medieval fantasy book, and am currently fascinated by "Influence, the psychology of persuasion" by Robert Cialdini.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69

What books would you absolutely recommend others read or did you really enjoy reading yourself?

I quite enjoyed the "Throne of Glass" series of Sarah J Maas, as a nice medieval fantasy book, and am currently fascinated by "Influence, the psychology of persuasion" by Robert Cialdini.
Um not sure what I have to do with this brilliant thread idea or how I've inspired it but AWESOME, I love reading!
I've just finished David Attenborough rereleased Autobiography series! I also loved Rangers Apprentice when I was super young so I'd recommend that to some here. For people a bit older I enjoyed the Tiger and the Wolf series by Adrian Tchaikosky which is also an old favourite.

Awesome thread Remy!
Raptor

Cos

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Disillusioning
Disillusioning
ELITE
Ratings
211 5
I've never been a huge reader but when I was younger I read the book Wonder by R. J. Palacio. It's a pretty simple read and I loved the meaning and plot behind the book itself. I would definitely suggest it! (Might be better for a younger age group though as again its not a very advanced read, if you're someone who's into complicated things.)

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
My favorite book of all time is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. It's such a classic book and I love the 1990 adaption with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy. For you younger peeps though, highly recommend the hopefully still popular Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. Amazing story (even if it is a little dark)

Remy

ELITE
VCplays
VCplays
ELITE
Ratings
Um not sure what I have to do with this brilliant thread idea or how I've inspired it but AWESOME, I love reading!
I've just finished David Attenborough rereleased Autobiography series! I also loved Rangers Apprentice when I was super young so I'd recommend that to some here. For people a bit older I enjoyed the Tiger and the Wolf series by Adrian Tchaikosky which is also an old favourite.

Awesome thread Remy!
Raptor
It's because of the "Elite discussion is dead" thread, where you said you were going to try and make the forums more active :)

"The tiger and the wolf" sounds like it is just up my alley! As if my to-read list wasn't long enough already ;)

My favorite book of all time is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. It's such a classic book and I love the 1990 adaption with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy. For you younger peeps though, highly recommend the hopefully still popular Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. Amazing story (even if it is a little dark)
Pride and prejudice looks like a nice classic, added it to my to-read list as well :). The book "a series of unfortunate events" does not seem to be sold here anymore.

I've never been a huge reader but when I was younger I read the book Wonder by R. J. Palacio. It's a pretty simple read and I loved the meaning and plot behind the book itself. I would definitely suggest it! (Might be better for a younger age group though as again its not a very advanced read, if you're someone who's into complicated things.)
That sounds like a fun book with a great and educational plot :)

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
The book "a series of unfortunate events" does not seem to be sold here anymore.
Oh! That's because it's a series of thirteen(?) books. It starts with "The Bad Beginning", and I think you'll be able to find the rest from there. All by Lemony Snicket.

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Right now, I'm reading the Gregor the Overlander series. Finally found ebook versions after, like, a year of searching. Other than that, though, I've been reading:
  • Assassin's Creed, Oliver Bowden (much better than the games)
  • Boom and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, Mark Haddon
  • Maze Runner, James Dashner
  • Divergent, Veronica Roth
  • Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins (same author as Gregor the Overlander; Gregor the Overlander is better though, imo)
  • The Giver, Lois Lowry
  • Hatchet, Gary Paulsen
  • I Am Number Four, Pittacus Lore (best book series ever btw)
  • The Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Right now, I'm reading the Gregor the Overlander series. Finally found ebook versions after, like, a year of searching. Other than that, though, I've been reading:
  • Assassin's Creed, Oliver Bowden (much better than the games)
  • Boom and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, Mark Haddon
  • Maze Runner, James Dashner
  • Divergent, Veronica Roth
  • Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins (same author as Gregor the Overlander; Gregor the Overlander is better though, imo)
  • The Giver, Lois Lowry
  • Hatchet, Gary Paulsen
  • I Am Number Four, Pittacus Lore (best book series ever btw)
  • The Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams
Love the Giver great book not a bad movie either

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
I'm not really reading any books at the moment but I've read a lot of books these past years and I'm gonna be honest my favorite books are the Skullduggery Pleasant series and the GONE series.
- TheProTroller :)

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
Wings Of Fire

Ester070

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Ester070
Ester070
ELITE
Ratings
61 10
None i dont know how to read im dum

illiterate_

PATRON+
illiterate_
illiterate_
Patron+
Ratings
52 8
I really enjoyed reading 'Daughter of Smoke and Bone' and of course Harry Potter!

As for music, right now I've been really into the throwback songs from early 2000's! Early Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, anything that takes me back to my childhood :)

snot

PATRON+
snotme
snotme
Patron+
Ratings
15 1
Personally I have two books that will always hold a very special place in my heart The first one being Playground, written by 50 Cent, a very good book about a young boy in New York going through personal struggles with friends and school
The second book that really pulls my heart strings is called, Its Kind of a Funny Story, written by Ned Vizzini, there is also a movie made from this book which I have not watched yet.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Right now I’m really enjoying reading the Dune series (on the fourth book rn) although the sequels aren’t quite as outstanding as the first, they’re still well written and interesting. Afterwards I need to get back to my collection of Bradbury short stories and my unread Michael Chrichton novels. Can you tell I like sci fi?

gabby(turt)

Forum Master
ELITE
gabbyyxo
gabbyyxo
ELITE
Ratings
169 7
right now im reading a trilogy, the first book is called Renegades. its about a girl who is a villan and a guy who is apart of the heros in their city. its an enemies to lovers book and it takes me so long to read but when i am reading it i love it so MUCHHHhhdnrnwng. i def recommend it. AND ITS ALSO SECRET identity so he doesnt know that she is “Nightmare” which is her supervillain name!!!

Evanue

VIP+
Cheekynoodlez
Cheekynoodlez
VIP+
Ratings
I'm a big fan of The Hunger Games, Wings of Fire, and basically all of Rick Riordan's books!

balls_12

Dedicated Member
ELITE
balls_12
balls_12
ELITE
Ratings
93 5

i read these books about 3-4 years ago. comic tings