Why are water blocks stuck in block form and don't flow or fill area?

Laliat

Scalibur07
Scalibur07
I attempted to create a fountain that spills over and drops down into a basin beneath, but when I add a water block, it doesn't fill the area. It stays in block form. Is this because Manacube's creative mode is 1.13 again?

Ratings
I attempted to create a fountain that spills over and drops down into a basin beneath, but when I add a water block, it doesn't fill the area. It stays in block form. Is this because Manacube's creative mode is 1.13 again?

Its due to block ticks currently being turned off, I believe due to a change they're making regarding things like redstone?
Hopefully its not permanent but as of now, no block ticks :(

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Strange. It's not like that on Parkour or Olympus' plot worlds.

Aloro

Forum Master
ELITE
aloro
aloro
ELITE
Ratings
529 26
I believe one of the reasons for this is because of the new 1.13 water physics. Water can now flow over more blocks than it was able to in previous versions. For example it can now flow over slabs, stairs, trapdoors and so on. So when it comes the plots, the borders are made of slabs. So people could use it to spill water everywhere are make a big mess.

However the tics being off, makes sense too.

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
Hi!

Even thought the answer to your question has already been given I'd like to suggest using glass in different color to make your water! It looks super neat if you layer it and leave some layers of air as well to give it some depth.