Why is AFK mining bannable?

Do you think AFK mining should be legal

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ratings
I found a trick where if you go into the controls setting and bind alt as the attack key, you can place a weight on that key to AFK mine.
Being that it takes lots of time to get a good amount of cobblestone, I find this feature particularly useful for mining in generators.

I have been banned for this more than once.
The ban title says [Hack/Client - Automining][1/2][Aztec][Geshultz]

Why is a program default to minecraft considered a hack or bannable?

I think this should be legal because it is default to the game.

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
AFK mining is not allowed because it almost takes effort out of a part of skyblock. Automining isn’t part of Skyblock, and it’s never been. If you automine, things also aren’t being done by an actual player, so for that reason it isn’t and shouldn’t be allowed. If the staff says it isn’t allowed, then it isn’t allowed.

Geshultz

Forum Master
ELITE
Geshultz
Geshultz
ELITE
Ratings
339 5
I found a trick where if you go into the controls setting and bind alt as the attack key, you can place a weight on that key to AFK mine.
Being that it takes lots of time to get a good amount of cobblestone, I find this feature particularly useful for mining in generators.

I have been banned for this more than once.
The ban title says [Hack/Client - Automining][1/2][Aztec][Geshultz]

Why is a program default to minecraft considered a hack or bannable?

I think this should be legal because it is default to the game.
The reasoning behind auto-mining be banned is because it is unfair to other players that put in the actual effort to mine. It effectively getting an unfair advantage over all other players that put their time into mining. Giving all players who auto-mine a leg up on the competition. In addition, it would take away the uniqueness of how players are building their island. The time and grinding it takes to build up the island. A really core part of Skyblock.

48fps

Ratings
42 1
AFK mining is not allowed because it almost takes effort out of a part of skyblock. Automining isn’t part of Skyblock, and it’s never been. If you automine, things also aren’t being done by an actual player, so for that reason it isn’t and shouldn’t be allowed. If the staff says it isn’t allowed, then it isn’t allowed.
Well said.

Ratings
The reasoning behind auto-mining be banned is because it is unfair to other players that put in the actual effort to mine. It effectively getting an unfair advantage over all other players that put their time into mining. Giving all players who auto-mine a leg up on the competition. In addition, it would take away the uniqueness of how players are building their island. The time and grinding it takes to build up the island. A really core part of Skyblock.
If you watch popular Minecraft youtubers like ilmango, Mumbo Jumbo and ImpulseSV (impulse also plays on public minecraft servers), you will notice that they AFK fish or AFK mine (ilmango does this on his skyblock series). However, you may say "Well, these people do it on their own servers.", but wait, on other skyblock servers I have played on everyone knows this and has fun making automated systems that assist AFK mining (ilmango has a tutorial). About what you said earlier, "It effectively getting an unfair advantage over all other players that put their time into mining." this feature is once again, DEFAULT TO MINECRAFT, meaning "everyone" can do it so "everyone" can get a leg up on the competition. Now you see?
And never forget, I'TS FUN and EVERYONE CAN DO IT (it's better for the server).

Ratings
You said, "Automining isn’t part of Skyblock, and it’s never been." watch ilmango's skyblock series and you may find out otherwise.

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
You said, "Automining isn’t part of Skyblock, and it’s never been." watch ilmango's skyblock series and you may find out otherwise.
Since we are playing on Manacube, I was talking about the rules on Manacube. It has never been allowed, and neither will it now.

Ratings
Since we are playing on Manacube, I was talking about the rules on Manacube. It has never been allowed, and neither will it now.
On every other server it is, I've started playing on MineVille and it seems pretty good about AFK anything.
Also, AFK fishing, is that allowed?
Have you ever tried any of AFK mining fishing tree-farming etc.? You will find that it is more fun.

Just saying, it would be more fun and anyone can do it. Read some other comments on this thread and you may be inspired

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
On every other server it is, I've started playing on MineVille and it seems pretty good about AFK anything.
Have you ever tried any of AFK mining fishing tree-farming etc.? You will find that it is more fun.

Just saying, it would be more fun and anyone can do it. Read some other comments on this thread and you may be inspired
First of all, we aren't allowed to mention other server names. Secondly, auto fishers and miners are banned on all the game modes on Manacube.
If you believe this should be changed, then go make a suggestion on the suggestions page instead of complaining about it here.

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23

I'll have to disagree with you on this. I don't think it will be fun in any way because it takes away the grind for some things.

Afk fishing and anything which is afk farming is not allowed, this is a good thing to be honest. People would basically have a free rebirth on Olympus for getting fish easily.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
Not only would it give an unfair advantage, but macros and AFK machines are bannable, as they can also (in most cases) bypass the servers AFK-Kicker, which is there for a reason.

The only players that can bypass this, are donors, but even without a rank, non-donors can AFK for up to 6 hours, before getting kicked from the server to create space for other players to join.

The argument “every other server allows it” is completely invalid here, as this isn’t every other server, this is ManaCube. If you don’t agree with our rules, and feel you’re not able to follow them, no one is forcing you to play. <3

Ratings
First of all, we aren't allowed to mention other server names. Secondly, auto fishers and miners are banned on all the game modes on Manacube.
If you believe this should be changed, then go make a suggestion on the suggestions page instead of complaining about it here.
Oh, thank you. I was wondering where to do that. Also, criticizing other people for anything doesn't help anything in the history of ever, got it?

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
Uhh....
Hi..
Hello...
I thinking this must be alloweded 'cuz' if you seeing the pwice of cobble is Sevendie to sell a fully maxed stack o' 64 bwocks. bout 1 currency unit eech uh...
and uhh...
other eyetems are more expensiver more. lyke wweet is 160 for 16 so 10 eech
but like da cactoos
i likes dat cactoos
witch can being done as afker is 16 blox for 64 so 4 eech dollar per eyetem each uhh...
do some maff i thinking and viewable will be that even if you does the afk mine you dont ing pwofit much uh...
if dey needed bwox then the pwayer afk cactoos and pwofit bigly and sell for doller and bie the cobble bwox
dere is bigly benafit for young joined pwayers to afk mine some bit a lill while just staritng. udderwyse it is tripple boring to mine by mouse
uh...
cobble doesnt do much for islands.
Please Manacube, skyblock, rethink your rule on this topic. Players should be allowed to afk mine cobble.
Maybe the rule is, players are only allowed to afk mine if their ore generation level hasn't been upgraded yet.

tank ewe tank ewe 4 dis won weeding
enjoi minecwaff wif me

EEEEEE

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
Uhh....
Hi..
Hello...
I thinking this must be alloweded 'cuz' if you seeing the pwice of cobble is Sevendie to sell a fully maxed stack o' 64 bwocks. bout 1 currency unit eech uh...
and uhh...
other eyetems are more expensiver more. lyke wweet is 160 for 16 so 10 eech
but like da cactoos
i likes dat cactoos
witch can being done as afker is 16 blox for 64 so 4 eech dollar per eyetem each uhh...
do some maff i thinking and viewable will be that even if you does the afk mine you dont ing pwofit much uh...
if dey needed bwox then the pwayer afk cactoos and pwofit bigly and sell for doller and bie the cobble bwox
dere is bigly benafit for young joined pwayers to afk mine some bit a lill while just staritng. udderwyse it is tripple boring to mine by mouse
uh...
cobble doesnt do much for islands.
Please Manacube, skyblock, rethink your rule on this topic. Players should be allowed to afk mine cobble.
Maybe the rule is, players are only allowed to afk mine if their ore generation level hasn't been upgraded yet.

tank ewe tank ewe 4 dis won weeding
enjoi minecwaff wif me

EEEEEE
As Hallow explained above, there really is no need to afk automine/grind. It would give the players who did an unfair advantage. As you actually stated in your post, there are a lot better ways to get money starting off. Afking a Cactus farm is something that I did for many hours to get my first IG. Afk mining has almost no purpose, because you'll only get certain amounts of materials, and it takes a lot of effort to upgrade your cobble gen to diamond. Cobble isn't worth that much. At the rate that you'll earn money from mining, you'd make 100x more afking your ig farm. These are just my thoughts on it.

Best,
WingsOfFyre

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
As Hallow explained above, there really is no need to afk automine/grind. It would give the players who did an unfair advantage. As you actually stated in your post, there are a lot better ways to get money starting off. Afking a Cactus farm is something that I did for many hours to get my first IG. Afk mining has almost no purpose, because you'll only get certain amounts of materials, and it takes a lot of effort to upgrade your cobble gen to diamond. Cobble isn't worth that much. At the rate that you'll earn money from mining, you'd make 100x more afking your ig farm. These are just my thoughts on it.

Best,
WingsOfFyre
Maybe you had a hard time understanding that. XD
I was trying to say since there is such little benefit to cobble mining, that it should be allowed if the players would want to waste their time doing that instead of more practical farms.
I know that it isn't allowed on Manacube right now and that's why I and many other players don't do it.
What's the difference if you open YouTube on your second monitor and watch that while holding your mine button down? I don't think there is really any difference.

uh..
D ending
EEEEEE

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
Maybe you had a hard time understanding that. XD
I was trying to say since there is such little benefit to cobble mining, that it should be allowed if the players would want to waste their time doing that instead of more practical farms.
I know that it isn't allowed on Manacube right now and that's why I and many other players don't do it.
What's the difference if you open YouTube on your second monitor and watch that while holding your mine button down? I don't think there is really any difference.

uh..
D ending
EEEEEE
Ya I kinda did xD. But its not just cobble mining that would affect this. There is also mob killing, possibly using sell wands, and a lot of other things.

But thats not afk mining. You're still there. If a staff member comes and asks you "ANSWER IF YOU'RE NOT AFK" and you don't respond, thats a different thing

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
But its not just cobble mining that would affect this. There is also mob killing, possibly using sell wands, and a lot of other things.
But thats not afk mining. You're still there. If a staff member comes and asks you "ANSWER IF YOU'RE NOT AFK" and you don't respond, thats a different thing
*First part of quote*
This thread is not talking about "mob killing, possibly using sell wands, and a lot of other things". This is just for afk mining which should be allowed given the arguments I've made above.

*Second part of quote*
You've just stated a definition of afk mining. And there are reasons for not responding to a staff member asking you to "ANSWER IF YOU'RE NOT AFK", for example, if your chat is turned off (which is not punishable).

Regardless, mining cobble, afk or not, gives you minimal to no advantage. There is a big learning/farming curve that you have to encounter when playing skyblock. It comes when you try to make any mob grinder for the first time, you'd need to have relatively large farms to be able to fund well-working mob grinders. So the little tiny profit or building ability allowed from afk mining (given my proposed rules for afk mining are instated) will not yield a substantial enough result to give an "unfair advantage" as Hallowqueen said.

Some additional rules I thought of to restrict an "unfair advantage" but allow afk mining are:
No afk mining with an enchanted tool,
Limit number of tools allowed (I'd recommend 3)
A time limit for afk mining | less than that of normal 6-hour afk limit for nondonors (I'd suggest like 1 hour),
Ore generation level not upgraded,
And a limit to the storage size of mined items.

I know that these can be very specific edge cases and can make it harder for the staff to regulate, but it's the practicality of these rules that is the point I'm trying to make.

In your first reply to NateD1215, you said auto mining is not part of skyblock. Which is currently true. But then how come auto farming things way more valuable is? Is it not that mob grinding and other auto farms also "almost [take] effort out of a part of skyblock"?

Yoop datis long powst,
EEEEEE

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
*First part of quote*
This thread is not talking about "mob killing, possibly using sell wands, and a lot of other things". This is just for afk mining which should be allowed given the arguments I've made above.

*Second part of quote*
You've just stated a definition of afk mining. And there are reasons for not responding to a staff member asking you to "ANSWER IF YOU'RE NOT AFK", for example, if your chat is turned off (which is not punishable).

Regardless, mining cobble, afk or not, gives you minimal to no advantage. There is a big learning/farming curve that you have to encounter when playing skyblock. It comes when you try to make any mob grinder for the first time, you'd need to have relatively large farms to be able to fund well-working mob grinders. So the little tiny profit or building ability allowed from afk mining (given my proposed rules for afk mining are instated) will not yield a substantial enough result to give an "unfair advantage" as Hallowqueen said.

Some additional rules I thought of to restrict an "unfair advantage" but allow afk mining are:
No afk mining with an enchanted tool,
Limit number of tools allowed (I'd recommend 3)
A time limit for afk mining | less than that of normal 6-hour afk limit for nondonors (I'd suggest like 1 hour),
Ore generation level not upgraded,
And a limit to the storage size of mined items.

I know that these can be very specific edge cases and can make it harder for the staff to regulate, but it's the practicality of these rules that is the point I'm trying to make.

In your first reply to NateD1215, you said auto mining is not part of skyblock. Which is currently true. But then how come auto farming things way more valuable is? Is it not that mob grinding and other auto farms also "almost [take] effort out of a part of skyblock"?

Yoop datis long powst,
EEEEEE
I defenitly agree with part of this, but at the same time I think Hallow was talking about using macros in general, not just with afk-mining. Why go through all this trouble to make rules about it, when you can just make it bannable? Keeping it bannable eliminates all of the iffy situations, where things might not just be black and white. To adress your point on auto mob farms, that has always "been a part of skyblock" on Manacube. My point was that things are on here for a reason. If they WERE to make this not bannable, then things like you said would have to be put in. But then trying to moderate that, like how many tools people have used, or time limits would be difficult.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
I defenitly agree with part of this, but at the same time I think Hallow was talking about using macros in general, not just with afk-mining. Why go through all this trouble to make rules about it, when you can just make it bannable? Keeping it bannable eliminates all of the iffy situations, where things might not just be black and white. To adress your point on auto mob farms, that has always "been a part of skyblock" on Manacube. My point was that things are on here for a reason. If they WERE to make this not bannable, then things like you said would have to be put in. But then trying to moderate that, like how many tools people have used, or time limits would be difficult.
Oopie doopie
I'll try make this one quicker.

There are simple ways that even I could develop to check for these rules I have suggested. blah blah blah. I have homework to do.
or they could have simpler rules than what I suggested and make easy moderation.
Mining is also a core part of skyblock. And I believe that automating would make it easier and more fun for new players, and timely players too.
okie.
EEEEEE