Why is General Discussion being spammed with Advertisments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

camron315

VIP
Ratings
68 4
Lately, as we all might know. General Discussion has been being spammed with irrelevant product advertisements. I think we should kick them off the forums. This is considered forum spam.
Also, It's annoying. It makes the forums and general discussion only unorganized.

Ellieza

PATRON
Ellieza
Ellieza
Patron
Ratings
82 3
It is annoying, but I know that staff do go through and remove the advertisements when they have a chance to do so. Also, I saw someone talking about this a while ago, but I guess with the way that the website is setup, there isn't a way to permanently/completely stop people/bots from making fake accounts and creating the weird advertisements. I saw a suggestion that you would have to have an MC account to create an account on the website, but that would require changing the website and doing a bunch of stuff that if I explained to you, it would only bore the crap out of you. It's unfortunate, but there's not a whole lot that can be done about it :rolleyes:

Last edited:

camron315

VIP
Ratings
68 4
Ok. Thank you :D

SunsetMagic

Forum Master
ELITE
SunsetMagic
SunsetMagic
ELITE
Ratings
1,145 45
This is a problem we have experienced for a while. Spambots do this to all xenforo sites, we are not the only ones affected.

Staff clear these advertisements daily, however, we cannot clear them instantly so there will be periods in which there will be loads on the forums as a staff member wouldn't have reached them yet. But do not worry, they do get cleared and several measures have been put in place in aims to reduce the spam to a minimum.

camron315

VIP
Ratings
68 4
This is a problem we have experienced for a while. Spambots do this to all xenforo sites, we are not the only ones affected.

Staff clear these advertisements daily, however, we cannot clear them instantly so there will be periods in which there will be loads on the forums as a staff member wouldn't have reached them yet. But do not worry, they do get cleared and several measures have been put in place in aims to reduce the spam to a minimum.
Thank you. Please lock the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.