Why is the server so laggy

Skapunk

Ratings
Yeah seems really bad today, can't open chests, everything I break comes back, everything keeps freezing every few seconds and I keep getting put back into spawn.

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
It's the TPS of the server causing the lag you are experiencing. I think they are trying to fix this issue though. (mostly fixed so that's good :D)
If you press tab, you can see the TPS. The most optimal TPS for minimal lag is around 19-20.

Orsx

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
orsx
orsx
Patron+
Ratings
84 4
If your playing on Skyblock use the version 1.13.2, whatever your playing on in the hub there are version recommendations which I find very helpful! Also ask players!

NoPoint

Ratings
I suggest playing skyblock on version 1.13.2, and if there is a Sudden TPS / Consistent TPS drop you can use the command "/helpop" and a message will be sent to online staff members, and they can request reboots for the server!

Thank you!

-NoPoint

Eureka14.

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Eureka14
Eureka14
ELITE
Ratings
131 7
Personally, when the server becomes really laggy. I sometimes wonder if it is my own laptop. I use this software called 'Bleachbit', it is free and I run the program. My dad works in IT and uses it in his work all the time, and I'm going to say it always does the job. It cleans up all my unwanted files and makes Minecraft very smooth to run and I always have a higher frame per second later. This always does the job for me, hope it possibly works for you. However sometimes I do forget to change from 1.15 to 1.13.2 xD. I hope this helps.