will anvils and /pay be reenabled someday?

LimePixels

VIP+
CubixL
CubixL
VIP+
Ratings
In the past years, you were able to give other people money by using /pay. I tried it now and it doesn't work anymore, the people in chat says that it's disabled because it's way too overpowered. Also, anvils are disabled and instantly come back into my inventory when I try to place one. And yes, I understand that merging two Efficiency 20 pickaxes would also be too OP. I'm pretty sure these things won't come back, but if someone knows the definitive answer, please tell me if they're disabled forever or will come back later.

emilyrenee_

ELITE
emilyrenee_
emilyrenee_
ELITE
Ratings
65 1
As far as us staff know, both will be disabled for a while/forever. As other players stated, /pay is disabled in order to prevent boosting of new players, and anvils are disabled because it would 1. be too overpowered for your tools, and 2. it would contribute to damages to the current economy. If you have any further questions, feel free to message me here or on discord (emilyrenee_#8668).

Have a nice day! <3

LimePixels

VIP+
CubixL
CubixL
VIP+
Ratings
Thanks for helping me out. You've also made me realize this server has a discord. I'll connect my account! Bye :D

xEricL

MVP+
xEricL
xEricL
MVP+
Ratings
80 5
@emilyrenee_ is exactly right. I joined multiple prison servers in the past, before playing on ManaCube, and upon joining, I would instantly receive $5 Trillion from another player. It instantly destroyed my motivation to play and I found it incredibly frustrating. Regarding the anvils, I think they're also disabled because they interfere with custom enchantments. (I'm not 100% sure on that but that's what I heard from other players in the past.)

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,320 82
Anvils are also disabled to prevent non-MVP players getting free tool repairs with /eFix, so as it’s a donor perk I doubt anvils will be added into Olympus.

If you need a repair though, and aren’t able to pay the $100,000 when starting out, I’m sure there are lots of players willing to help out and do it for free.