Photos of your Parkour:
2020-10-04_16.31.14.png
2020-10-04_16.34.34.png
2020-10-04_16.35.30.png
2020-10-04_16.36.10.png
2020-10-04_16.37.16.png
2020-10-04_16.37.38.png

The # of your Plot / or warp name to it: /plot v xLunaa_ 3

Difficulty (Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert, Insane)

Number of jumps (Optional): 150

Number of Checkpoints: 10

Took a little over two weeks to build and thoroughly check for skips / exploits.

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
Screenshot 2020-10-04 at 2.02.47 PM.png

singular glass panes aren't allowed anymore!

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
Screenshot 2020-10-04 at 3.43.29 PM.png

o_O ig if it's for decoration cause that won't affect the map

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Great idea and you did a good job. I'd encourage you to add more details to the walls in the different rooms, that would really give the build some life! good luck

Ratings
Hm I asked one of the map judges if it were allowed for decoration (can't remember who) and they said they were pretty sure it was allowed.
so yes single glass panes arent allowed, but all youd have to do is attach them to a block, that is what an admin told me. as long as its touching a block(not a slab) its fine.

BDOsborne

Forum Expert
Ratings
265 1
My only criticism would be the internal spaces using stone walls being a bit bland on the walls. by simply detailing the ceiling and wall joints you can really change the feel and quality of the build. make sure to use a consistent and appropriate colour palette tho, but please dont use all stone wall lol.
on the whole i hope this gets accepted as the build was well put together and the parkour was enjoyable.
Good Luck!!!

Bloro

Forum Legend
ELITE
Bloro_
Bloro_
ELITE
Ratings
1,110 14
YOOOO WIDEZ X THIS IS EPIC! You're becoming better and better at map building! This is definitely a good map and I'm looking forward to more of your maps in the future ;D

Lofi

Forum Expert
ELITE
beatsbylofi
beatsbylofi
ELITE
Ratings
263 9
Honestly, the theme and build are beautiful and I'm super proud of how far Widey has come. Absolutely love your work fella, keep it up xoxo

WideNuts

VIP
WideNuts
WideNuts
VIP
Ratings
It looks pretty different from some of the pictures now so I'd suggest looking at it in-game.

Uneasilly // Sil

Forum Master
ELITE
Uneasilly
Uneasilly
ELITE
Ratings
522 6
Hey WideNuts and Luna,

Good news! I'll be putting your map into reviewing.

The theme of your map is original, as we don't have any Charlie And The Chocolate Factory themed maps yet. The build looks good. It's accurate to the theme and there's a lot of detail to be seen. I can tell that a lot of effort went into it! You've used a lot of block variation on your course, creating original and enjoyable jumps. The length of your map fits the insane difficulty.

The reason we decided to put your map into reviewing, is that the parkour at the start of the map includes some jumps that are a bit too hard and less enjoyable to do. We're not asking you to completely redo all of these jumps, but we think it would be good if you'd slightly change them to make them more enjoyable. If you have any questions about this or need some tips, feel free to DM me on Discord (Uneasilly#8233). You can also start a conversation with me on the forums, or simply reply to this thread.

Good luck, and have a great day!
Sil

Uneasilly // Sil

Forum Master
ELITE
Uneasilly
Uneasilly
ELITE
Ratings
522 6
Hey again!

After testing your map again, Shinx and I decided that we're gonna keep your map in reviewing until you have fixed the following.

I asked you to improve the first part of the map, which you did. It has improved a lot in comparison to the original parkour, so great job on that! However, we discovered that the parkour overall still isn't quite enjoyable enough. There are several jumps that simply are too hard / a little annoying to do. The parkour is a bit messy, as it feels like you just put random blocks to add variety to the parkour. I'd like to ask you to think more about how you could make original and more enjoyable jumps! The checkpoints could also be placed better, as they currently aren't in great spots! Here are some examples of jumps that we'd like you to change:

https://prnt.sc/uwcnty
This corner jump is quite difficult, I suggest adding an extra ladder (or anything else to nerf the jump)

https://prnt.sc/uwcorl
here is a lot of lucky vines throughout your map. Please try to decrease the amount of lucky vines, as they make the parkour a bit repetitive!

https://prnt.sc/uwcp5k
This part of the parkour also could be improved. You need to get momentum from a -1 triple panes jump, and then keep your momentum to jump to the ladder (it also is the last 2 jumps from the checkpoint, meaning that if you fail you need to start all the way back at the last one). This is followed by a difficult squeeze jump.

https://prnt.sc/uwcqev
I'd like it if you'd slightly nerf this jump!

If you would like to, we could go over the parkour together so I can assist and help you with making the necessary changes. You may DM me on Discord (Uneasilly#8233) so we can find out when we're all available to do this.

Best of luck, and I'm excited to test your map again once you've made the changes!
Have a great day,
Sil

Uneasilly // Sil

Forum Master
ELITE
Uneasilly
Uneasilly
ELITE
Ratings
522 6
Hey again!

Now that I have tested your map again and discussed it with other judges, I'm very happy to tell you that your map is being accepted! The parkour now is more enjoyable to do, and the checkpoint placement has improved.

Great job! I'm looking forward to seeing more submissions from you.
As always, have a great day,
Sil

Status
Not open for further replies.