You've heard this before, and I'll say it again

Conver

Ratings
75 25
The current state of Kitpvp, yes there's a Kitpvp on Manacube, in case you didn't know...
The current state is a joke, like many have said before. I'm an EU player and towards the evenings (this is when the server explodes with players) the amount of lag is absolutely unreal. I've played a lot of servers and I've never seen a server with a 2-3k playerbase that is this laggy on a daily basis.
This is URGENT, and should be fixed immediatly.
I'd say its actually pretty embarassing that this is a problem at all looking at the size of this server, and the amount of Staff working on it...

Now Kitpvp is like the dust pile on Manacube, barely gets any work or care. And if it does, it's usually either half finished updates or unessecary adjustments nobody asked for except the 8 year olds that have 1 hour on the gamemode.

If you have played this gamemode for more than 30 seconds it's likely you noticed getting stuck in blocks is a common occurence, so common that it's practically become part of the gameplay, with players learning ways to get others stuck in blocks and the other way around.
Again, for such a large server you should be able to fix such a tiny problem easily.

Onto something different, gameplay balancing.
The balancing on Kitpvp is, horrendous. First off the shop prices are sky high, just for a few soups and gapples you will need several dousin kills and second there is almost no efficient way of earning money except grinding kills, which can take hours upon hours, something most don't have time for.
Spending many hours a day to grind a lot of cash just to burn it all in 5 minutes isn't fun.

There are also several bugs on Kitpvp, or certain items or features not working. I'm going to list a few below.
- Blue Shark doesn't work
- Pugmy Whale doesn't work
- "Create a private arena" is missing entirely
- Glitching in blocks
- Lag and extremely bad hit detection (this does vary from time to time tho)
- /shop sometimes doesn't give the items bought
- The EnchantPreventer plugin sometimes downgrades the enchants on your items by accident
- Eating a soup may sometimes consume the item you switch to after instead
- Kills don't give you the rewards half the time

Onto another topic, AntiCheat.

Now I know that this is a very controversial topic, and some people will say the anticheat is good, others wont (the majority tends to lean towards it being absolutely garbage). Due to the amount of custom plugins on the server it's hard to make a good anticheat that doesn't cause false bans and other bad stuff, although out of all the money Dacon makes maybe he could dedicate like 1% to getting a good anticheat, god knows

Finally, onto the void
This is by far the most controversial topic of them all, and a lot of people disagree / agree on this
Therefore, I'm going to state the positives and negatives of having a void
Personally, I'd rather not have a void, but that's just my opinion, what do I know about playing Kitpvp... i only have more hours than like the entire staff team combined...

Pros:
Void is a good way to kill players much better than you, to eliminate the threat of you getting outplayed or killed immediatly. Not only only do you save yourself, you also gain all the items from the player you killed. To top it all off there are tons of campy void spots around the map to secure your safety. And if that wasn't good enough the void also insta kills you so they have NO CHANCE of survival, great!
I love it when you can just turn a fight around by pointing a bow at an edge! Yay!

Cons:
There are no cons to void, it's simply perfect.

Thank you for reading, even tho I know as well as everyone else that this forum post means jack shit and nothing will change...
IGN: zHappa

doutdes

ELITE
vestribularis
vestribularis
ELITE
Ratings
30 6
I cant agree more on this. Finally someone took their time explaining it. HOpefully the staff take this serious as these bugs annoying people a lot.

Ratings
I totally agree with everything, bot the most annoying part is the lag that has to be fixed 100%.

Sliky

MVP+
Sp00kies
Sp00kies
MVP+
Ratings
6 1
And the dis enchanter is so over price to get knock back 1 off my sword it’d 1000 xp and it’s pretty sad that kit is like this and dacon should feel stupid for adding silly things instead a anti cheat and he always said he working on one never seen one come out and the anti cheat kicks the hackers and then hackers have spawn prot so they get away and the 2X money booster is a joke u don’t get any more money then u would when you use it I spend money on keys to not only to support the sever but beacuse I like it and the damn thing doesn’t work and I swear if I hear a mod say report it when there on and there sitting at spawn doing nothing sure look at the reports don’t do anything about it I swear I see the same hackers everyday for the past month and look a ip up for once beacuse they will just be on a VPN or just get a new account it’s a joke mineplex has a better anti cheat then u guys and that sever is almost dead dacon needs to be talked to and fix kitpvp it’s not all staff Ik that but it’s all staff part to take the people who play and give idea to dacon and take the feeback ur saying my friends tells a mod to talk to dacon and he gets muted for telling him to talk about the sever problems that’s must be a joke I was talking to a kid yesterday new to manacube and he like an I lagging why do I keep getting glitch in to blocks it’s so common on the sever I said he said that’s so sad how do u even pvp on here slikys

IDrankinQQ/Dirt

MVP+
DirtDestroyer03
DirtDestroyer03
MVP+
I agree on following
- The soups pots and other buffs should be cheaper cause it gets too expensive to be in a fight.
- Anticheat should be made better there shouldnt be a safety around a guy whos just been kicked.
- Void should be removed its too op that you can just turn a fight from skill based to pure position.
- the lag is incredible when it just looks like people are standing still and youre suddenly dead.
- The kills do not give exp money or kill credit alot of the time witch is an huge issue

SenzJinx

Ratings
52 7
part of the reason i resigned from staff is cause the servers problems meant it wasnt enjoyable playing on. Hit detection is shit, the lag is still an issue, your sword still vanishes if you use soup, it's a terrible environment for pvping and kit pvp are lucky theyre still getting players. Ive accepted that nothing is gonna change. The only time theyll fix an issue is if an issue is too big to ignore, no minor bugs get fixed which is evident due to the fact theyve not been fixed in all of lockkdown.

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
If you have played this gamemode for more than 30 seconds it's likely you noticed getting stuck in blocks is a common occurence
Hey! This problem can be reduced greatly by using the IP kitpvp.manacube.net! If you do find yourself glitching in a block, you can shoot your bow (either pulled fully back once or spam it a few times, both work) to get unglitched from the block. You'll get glitched in half-slabs, stairs and sometimes carpets. Try to avoid/jump over these blocks if you get the chance to.
best wishes,
-kxe

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
Hey! This problem can be reduced greatly by using the IP kitpvp.manacube.net! If you do find yourself glitching in a block, you can shoot your bow (either pulled fully back once or spam it a few times, both work) to get unglitched from the block. You'll get glitched in half-slabs, stairs and sometimes carpets. Try to avoid/jump over these blocks if you get the chance to.
best wishes,
-kxe
Fixing lag by 5% by changing IP connection shouldn't be the solution or even a temporary solution.
See, even above kitpvps xstaff who probably had the most potential for helping kitpvp admits there is no care for the game mode.
I do greatly appreciate seeing any staff, but more surprised and hopeful after seeing staff from other game modes comment on these threads.

However, boosting the morale of the players doesn't solve the issues.
There have been zero concentrated lag reduction efforts to boost the game mode in any of the history logs I've ever seen. They have removed statistical commands to prevent lag spikes rather than fixing the problem. Just like if you decided to lock off a bathroom because you have a leaky pipe under a sink. It's unacceptable :shrug:
This honestly might be more of a global issue. As @zHappa said, and I second, I have never seen a server of this size have such bad lag. Even other servers with extremely heavy custom plugins that turn the vanilla game into modded. I personally would make this my main priority as people can play with in-game bugs but can't play with lag, especially with 7 community leaders that could fix it.

I don't want to complain anymore, but youz all gotta like, chop-chop

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
Fixing lag by 5% by changing IP connection shouldn't be the solution or even a temporary solution.
See, even above kitpvps xstaff who probably had the most potential for helping kitpvp admits there is no care for the game mode.
I do greatly appreciate seeing any staff, but more surprised and hopeful after seeing staff from other game modes comment on these threads.

However, boosting the morale of the players doesn't solve the issues.
There have been zero concentrated lag reduction efforts to boost the game mode in any of the history logs I've ever seen. They have removed statistical commands to prevent lag spikes rather than fixing the problem. Just like if you decided to lock off a bathroom because you have a leaky pipe under a sink. It's unacceptable :shrug:
This honestly might be more of a global issue. As @zHappa said, and I second, I have never seen a server of this size have such bad lag. Even other servers with extremely heavy custom plugins that turn the vanilla game into modded. I personally would make this my main priority as people can play with in-game bugs but can't play with lag, especially with 7 community leaders that could fix it.

I don't want to complain anymore, but youz all gotta like, chop-chop
I agree that kit is lacking attention but bug fixes and glitches are left to the devs and admins to deal with. They're usually always busy with new stuff so kit isn't getting as much attention as it should have since the resets, etc take priority.
Also, using the kitpvp IP has always worked for me? Not sure if it's different for other players but that's just what I've experienced.

SenzJinx

Ratings
52 7
I agree that kit is lacking attention but bug fixes and glitches are left to the devs and admins to deal with. They're usually always busy with new stuff so kit isn't getting as much attention as it should have since the resets, etc take priority.
Also, using the kitpvp IP has always worked for me? Not sure if it's different for other players but that's just what I've experienced.
this is complete bs, the "theyre always busy with new stuff" some major bugs on kit have been left throughout all of lockdown, then we get told its all ok in a well written polite way and nothing gets done. Cause no one knows who's solely responsible no one gets the blame.