A Quick Guide to Mining!

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,321 82
Normally in prison servers, the main and only goal and source of income is mining. Olympus is quite a unique server, for example; for people who aren’t too interested in mining, there are other ways to make money, challenges to complete in order to unlock perks, and so many more new and exciting additions since the beginning of Season 2!

However, mining is still useful and for players who do enjoy it like myself, this guide is aimed at you. In this guide, I will explain everything related to mining that you need to know in order to get and maintain a good relationship with mining in Olympus! I understand a majority of players don’t enjoy mining and feel it is pointless when you get further on progress wise, however in my personal opinion mining is great, and relaxing! Plus, when starting out in Olympus, that’s all you really can do up until you’re at ‘Farmer’ rank.

Where do I go to mine?
When you join in Olympus for the first time (or at any time) to teleport to the mines, simply do /mine. It’ll open up a menu with options of mines that you can visit. As you work your way up through the ranks, you’ll unlock more mines but when starting out, you only have the option of ‘Slave’ mine. To teleport to the mine of your choice, simply click the block and you’ll be teleported (or in the case for Slave and Titan mines, it will open up another menu in which you can choose mine 1-3. This is an option as they tend to be the most populated mines, so there are multiple copies of them).

What is ‘Mana’ and how do I get it?
Mana is the main trading currency on Olympus. Payment/exchanging of in-game money is disabled and impossible, so in place of it players use mana as a currency to purchase items from each other on /ah (auction house) and pay each other for favours (either AFKing grinders, or digging out plots).

You can get mana from mining (surprise, surprise) however there are other ways to earn mana. You can get mana from vote crates (/vote), from selling things on /ah or from God Crates, which you get every 10,000 blocks mined!

What are 'God Crates'?
God Crates spawn in every time you mine 10,000 blocks (as mentioned above). Inside the crates are different rewards, that are organised into 3 ‘rarity’ tiers with different chances of winning them, such as; Common rewards 75%, Rare rewards 25% and Legendary rewards 5%. Each tier has different rewards that you can win upon opening the crates, below this subheading will be an image of all the possible prizes you can receive!
God gift.png
In-Game ranks and prices
In total, there are 20 in-game ranks, below is an image with a list of all the ranks and the prices it costs to rank up to them in order. To rankup from Slave to Titan, in total it costs $88.8 million. As you rank up, the mines get better and with some ranks you unlock certain perks such as being able to claim plots at Farmer rank, and being able to rebirth at Titan rank.

I won’t go into rebirths too much, besides the Hephaestus rebirth, as they’re not linked with mining as much however, the basic point of rebirths is to unlock new perks and go all the way back to Slave rank, to rankup again and complete a new challenge for new perks, you can also ‘Ascend’ after completing all 13 of the rebirth challenges (including Zeus).
Ranks.png
Hephaestus Rebirth
In order to complete this rebirth, you must have a mining level of at least 75. To increase your mining level you just have to keep on mining! It takes approximately 1,200,000 mining level XP to reach level 75 and you can track your progress by doing /mining, so... get mining as soon as possible! (After level 75, mining level is pretty much just for ‘flexing’ at that point and was my biggest achievement last season).

The reward for completing this rebirth is the ability to purchase the Trench enchantment from the /enchant menu. Trench is *currently* having some issues and is going through a phase where it is being disabled and enabled, but the developer(s) are working hard to fix it, and hoping to have it useable again soon. Last season, ‘Trench’ was called ‘Blast’ and mined in a 3x3 area, and was extremely useful and helpful when it came to increasing mining level and gathering mana, the only difference being ‘Blast’ was only obtainable from holiday crates such as Christmas and Cupids’ chest

Pickaxe Enchantments
When upgrading your pickaxe, the best things to focus on are Fortune, Autosell, Efficiency and Haste. The only enchantment you really want to avoid is ‘Auto-Blocking’ as Autosell overrules it and is more useful, meaning Auto-Blocking is essentially just a waste of mana.

There are additional enchantments for pickaxes you can purchase with EXP in /ce, these are ‘Reforged’ and ‘Experienced’ - Reforged stops your pickaxe from breaking as it auto-repairs your pickaxe while you move, which is very useful if you’re not an MVP or MVP+ and don’t have access to free /efix, and Experienced gives you a chance of gathering more EXP when mining ores/blocks that give you EXP such as coal, emeralds, etc.

I believe this is everything you really need to know about mining, hopefully this is somewhat useful to anyone who does enjoy mining or is starting out in Olympus and is looking for a few pointers. If I missed anything or made any errors, feel free to let me know! If you have any questions/concerns about anything involved in this thread, feel free to contact me either here on the forums, or via Discord!

For more information on the new season, and the new additions here is a link to the original thread from Dacon (keep in mind some changes have been made since this thread was created, and since the actual release of Season 2) https://forums.manacube.com/threads/olympus-season-2.39583/.

bca_

Dedicated Member
ELITE
bca_
bca_
ELITE
Ratings
108 6
ok, this is an in game thing, but how is their a total of 105%? Can someone not do some addition, or is this some sort of probability thing that is way above my head (a 5% chance of two rewards???). I doubt this though.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,321 82
ok, this is an in game thing, but how is their a total of 105%? Can someone not do some addition, or is this some sort of probability thing that is way above my head (a 5% chance of two rewards???). I doubt this though.
Someone pointed this out to me a while ago, I don’t believe the percentages are supposed to add up to 100%, I think it’s just random chances like in the crates at /warp crates, however in the original thread the percentages are 10%, 20% and 70% which means it could just be some typos in-game. - But some of this information is also outdated like the 5,000 block requirement and that there’s a “chance” of one spawning, etc. so I’m not sure of the definite answer to this.

Here’s a screenshot from the original thread: http://prntscr.com/n3w65w

bca_

Dedicated Member
ELITE
bca_
bca_
ELITE
Ratings
108 6
Someone pointed this out to me a while ago, I don’t believe the percentages are supposed to add up to 100%, I think it’s just random chances like in the crates at /warp crates, however in the original thread the percentages are 10%, 20% and 70% which means it could just be some typos in-game. - But some of this information is also outdated like the 5,000 block requirement and that there’s a “chance” of one spawning, etc. so I’m not sure of the definite answer to this.

Here’s a screenshot from the original thread: http://prntscr.com/n3w65w
Well if you think about it, there is a 50% chance of a god crate spawning every 10000 blocks. But there sure isn't a 105% chance of getting loot from a crate. Love the mining guide though.

11inchgunclub

MVP+
11inchgunclub
11inchgunclub
MVP+
Ratings
48 1
There was so much time and effort put into this. I really respect that and I thank you for making this informational guide. Will be sure to take note of a lot of the things you wrote.