Rejected AbandonedIslandMission - Easy difficulty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jump Name: AbandonedIslandMission or AbandonedAircraftMission (whichever you prefer more)
Username: joshi77
Plot ID: -95;-113 use /plot teleport <id> to get to the plot.
Difficulty: Easy
Number of jumps: More than 20

The course at first, was supposed to be something else, but then I saw no fit for it anymore and it became something different instead. The theme of the environment are floating islands, abandoned ones. First they were supposed to be combined with machinery, that makes them float, but instead there's a "plane ship" now, because there was no staff online to ask about the wide block restrictions or other restrictions. It's supposed to be beginner friendly and contains instructions that should teach the player things. It can be seen as a mission training, at this point, to match it more with the name.

There are a variety of different looking jumps, to not make it boring for the jumpers and instead more entertaining.

The mission is to reach the ship and move on further. The map doesn't have any major shortcuts or anything to gain an advantage.

It is something I started long ago, but then finished it differently than I expected to. If there's an issue with the other island, you can just leave it, as that one is not really needed except for decoration.

There's one structure on the map, that doesn't look that good to me, because of my idea with it being a "moveable bridge" but with the entire housing moving with it.

There will not be a sign that will say the name of the jump, because I do not know if that sign is going to be remvoed after, so I just put it in this post instead, hope that is okay.

I do not post any screenshots, because not knowing on where to start with it and because I do not have shaders that would make things look nicer, or something.
There's no need for barrier blocks, unless it interfers with other jumps that I do not know how that should even happen, just don't put it close to other jumps. There are indeed checkpoint signs, or checkpoints that do not require signs.

Because of the wide 120 block restrictions, the end has floating blocks, but the player gets the opportunity to go on top of the ship and move where ever they want to, if they feel like to explore the building. That of course, does not give them any shortcut or something, at least it shouldn't.

Last edited:

Hayleyx

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Hayleyx
Hayleyx
Senior Mod
Ratings
490 22
Hello,

I regret to inform you that your map has been REJECTED.
The theme of your map is unoriginal as we have many abandoned maps and many look-alike maps.

The build of your map is a concern. The build is lacking depth and detail. Some of your parkour is floating which looks messy. Try to make a larger main build so that the parkour can be pathed around it.

The parkour fits the length and difficulty of an easy map so good job on that! The parkour just needs some more checkpoints. The only variation you have is ladders, normal jumps and fence jumps. To add more variation use blocks such as water, heads, daylight sensors, glass panes and ice to make the parkour feel less repetitive.

We hope to see more maps from you in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.