Adding a new VIP/MVP perk; Concerning Spawners (POLL)

This kind of perk would increase my game experience positively!

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mob Stacking system:
It's fun to have 200 skeleton spawners, but if they die 1 by 1 (due to the stacking system), it's the same as having 5 spawners. I've read that there's an option (within the plugin) to kill an entire stack of mobs on death. Ofcourse this would lead to bigger lag issues. Another downfall is that, if you where to accidentally attack your 200x chicken stack, you'r entire egg production would dissapear at once. It would be better if you'd kill about 5 mobs within the stack. That way, lag could still be put to a minimum, and investors still get a proportional amount of loot. Just a thought.

Distance deactivation:
Getting the spawners seperated in individual farms is limited too, because of the 15 block distance deactivation. You have to be within 15 blocks of the given spawner, or it will deactivate. This means that only a small area, of the 3,3 million block building space, is being 'active'. (not to talk about the 64 million block expansion option). This results in people being forced to just stand AFK near his/her farm in order to get the resources they need to continue.

Let me be clear, I prefer a lagless server above anything else. But at the same time, I feel like my island has so much unused potential. It's unsatisfying to grow, without getting a bigger output.

The Proposal
Lets be fair. The Mob stacking system is well ballanced (although a little limmiting for end gamers). So that's that.

About the distance deactivation; I'd love to see perks within the VIP/MVP system that increase the 'activated' area around the user. (For example: VIP+ get's a 20 block area instead of 15) This way I don't have to be too concerned about my entire Island being shut down when im working on the borders. In combination with the mob stacking system, it shouldn't result in more lag.

MangoB0y

MVP
MangoB0y
MangoB0y
MVP
Ratings
I think that the killing of the mobs individually is probably the most balanced method of having spawner's. Otherwise, lag may arise, afk'ing might become really op, and the issue of your mob spawner's being virtually the same at 5 of 20 is still prevalent.

As the to chunk difference for ranks and non-ranks, that's a hard-core violation of Minecraft server EULA and would be a threat to the severe with no real benefits. I'm not sure if the sever is currently violating the EULA, but this would definitely be a violation. Not to mention, this would be incredibly unfair to non-ranked players.

One solution to the mob problem however, is to reduce the stack size. Reducing it to a number, (such as 200?) would allow for auto farms to be 250% more efficient, for every player. The lag difference would be insignificant, and the economy boost would be significant. (This is important at this point in the SkyBlock season, since all the big players get upwards of 3 million per day based exclusively off their kingdoms.)

Let me know what you think!

:) -MangoB0y

Av8oR

Ratings
5 1
Is there a way that you can see (a mod) the chunks or areas that you need to be in for mobs and farms to spawn? I only play Minecraft every now and again and it's been a year since I last played. I believe that it's every 16 blocks squared but I would like a visual reference to go on.

MangoB0y

MVP
MangoB0y
MangoB0y
MVP
Ratings
Is there a way that you can see (a mod) the chunks or areas that you need to be in for mobs and farms to spawn? I only play Minecraft every now and again and it's been a year since I last played. I believe that it's every 16 blocks squared but I would like a visual reference to go on.
In Minecarft 1.12, pressing f3 + q will show chunk boundaries. You need to afk within the chunk in order for mobs to spawn.

Av8oR

Ratings
5 1
In Minecarft 1.12, pressing f3 + q will show chunk boundaries.
Thanks, I keep playing on 1.8.9 because I like it... jk, it's all I'm used too. Also, I have found with 1.12 when you try to grab something in your inventory and shift double click another to put it all in a chest, it won't take it all. That's the main reason why I run the older version. But I'll try it tonight after work and see what happens.

Ratings
5 4
Mob Stacking system:
It's fun to have 200 skeleton spawners, but if they die 1 by 1 (due to the stacking system), it's the same as having 5 spawners. I've read that there's an option (within the plugin) to kill an entire stack of mobs on death. Ofcourse this would lead to bigger lag issues. Another downfall is that, if you where to accidentally attack your 200x chicken stack, you'r entire egg production would dissapear at once. It would be better if you'd kill about 5 mobs within the stack. That way, lag could still be put to a minimum, and investors still get a proportional amount of loot. Just a thought.

Distance deactivation:
Getting the spawners seperated in individual farms is limited too, because of the 15 block distance deactivation. You have to be within 15 blocks of the given spawner, or it will deactivate. This means that only a small area, of the 3,3 million block building space, is being 'active'. (not to talk about the 64 million block expansion option). This results in people being forced to just stand AFK near his/her farm in order to get the resources they need to continue.

Let me be clear, I prefer a lagless server above anything else. But at the same time, I feel like my island has so much unused potential. It's unsatisfying to grow, without getting a bigger output.

The Proposal
Lets be fair. The Mob stacking system is well ballanced (although a little limmiting for end gamers). So that's that.

About the distance deactivation; I'd love to see perks within the VIP/MVP system that increase the 'activated' area around the user. (For example: VIP+ get's a 20 block area instead of 15) This way I don't have to be too concerned about my entire Island being shut down when im working on the borders. In combination with the mob stacking system, it shouldn't result in more lag.
I completely see where you’re coming from with this response, and I can agree with each and every word of it. But I am still optimistic.