Advice For Working Towards Being A Mod!

jacelynrg

ELITE
alastrous
alastrous
ELITE
Ratings
Hey y'all!

So in the future I wanna apply to be a mod. I am not doing so right now cause I have only been on the server on this account for a few weeks (rip my old account) so I need to get more well known as a start unlike the account I used to play Manacube on in 2015/2016 ish. I would be most interested to become a chat mod over anything else and I would primarily be in the parkour server as it is very rare to find me anywhere else on Manacube. However as I move forward I want to know if you guys have any advice to give me or if you know me let me know if you think I am doing good so far! I know a lot of you won't know me cause I am mainly only ever on the parkour server but if you do know me please feel free to give me constructive criticism of any sort! I really love this server so much and I want to benefit for the Manacube community more! Thanks guys :)

- Jacelyn <3

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
First I should probably clear up how the staff roles work-

If you are accepted as staff, you begin as a Helper on the server you applied for. Helpers have permissions to mute and kick, so basically to moderate chat and answer any questions. If you do a good job (and almost all Helpers do) you'll be promoted to Mod on that server. Mods can ban on their server, and usually have other responsibilities too (for Parkour, they have the option to become a Map Judge). If you are a Mod on one server, you automatically have Chatmod perms on all other servers. Chatmods have the same perms that Helpers would. So if you're Parkour staff and you get a report about someone spamming the n-word on Olympus, you can pop over and mute (as a Chatmod) without a problem.

jacelynrg

ELITE
alastrous
alastrous
ELITE
Ratings
First I should probably clear up how the staff roles work-

If you are accepted as staff, you begin as a Helper on the server you applied for. Helpers have permissions to mute and kick, so basically to moderate chat and answer any questions. If you do a good job (and almost all Helpers do) you'll be promoted to Mod on that server. Mods can ban on their server, and usually have other responsibilities too (for Parkour, they have the option to become a Map Judge). If you are a Mod on one server, you automatically have Chatmod perms on all other servers. Chatmods have the same perms that Helpers would. So if you're Parkour staff and you get a report about someone spamming the n-word on Olympus, you can pop over and mute (as a Chatmod) without a problem.
Thank you! Some other people explained this to me differently haha! This is very helpful information! Also, I already try to act as a helper in the chat just without the the title so that is always fun haha! Thank you :)

JavaElite

Dedicated Member
ELITE
JavaElite
JavaElite
ELITE
Ratings
Hey y'all!

So in the future I wanna apply to be a mod. I am not doing so right now cause I have only been on the server on this account for a few weeks (rip my old account) so I need to get more well known as a start unlike the account I used to play Manacube on in 2015/2016 ish. I would be most interested to become a chat mod over anything else and I would primarily be in the parkour server as it is very rare to find me anywhere else on Manacube. However as I move forward I want to know if you guys have any advice to give me or if you know me let me know if you think I am doing good so far! I know a lot of you won't know me cause I am mainly only ever on the parkour server but if you do know me please feel free to give me constructive criticism of any sort! I really love this server so much and I want to benefit for the Manacube community more! Thanks guys :)

- Jacelyn <3

First off, you should read the staff application requirements. (that may clear some more stuff up for you).

You should also show maturity In chat, avoid arguments, and be helpful. That's always a good place to start. If you aspire to be staff, work hard on your public image.

Hope this helps,

Java

jacelynrg

ELITE
alastrous
alastrous
ELITE
Ratings
First off, you should read the staff application requirements. (that may clear some more stuff up for you).

You should also show maturity In chat, avoid arguments, and be helpful. That's always a good place to start. If you aspire to be staff, work hard on your public image.

Hope this helps,

Java
Thank you! I read the staff requirements a few days ago and I meet all of them except I need to post on the forums more! And I have been doing those things as well but I am going to try and be more effective with them! Thank you very much :)

Jacelyn

ExclusiveKeeper

MVP
ExclusiveKeeper
ExclusiveKeeper
MVP
Ratings
Only advice I might have is -- now I'm not on parkour server as I play on Olympus Atlas -- be chatty, be friendly, and be helpful, make a name for yourself in a positive way that people know who you are for a good reason