Dedicated Member
MVP
5p1eef
5p1eef
MVP
Ratings
47 6
Hi ChiknStu!

I am here to tell you my opinion of your map. Please remember that I am not a Map Judge and my opinion does not affect the result. If the Map Judges disagree with my opinion they will decide what they will.

Firstly the THEME of your map. This theme is NOT original unfortunately original as there is the map Steampunk in insane (there may be more that I do not know of). However, since there is only one, and this map is fairly different from that one, I think this should be fine.

Secondly the BUILD of your map. Although I do love the build, having much of the parkour in the air throughout the map does take away a little from it. However, I know with a steampunk theme it would be very hard to lessen the amount of jumps unattached from the build. All in all though, nice job.

Lastly the PARKOUR of your map. To me, this is the biggest downfall of your map. It wasn't varied well at all. In the future, be sure to include more blocks such as heads, enchantment tables, anvils, water, stairs, pots, soul sand, brewing stands, slime, trapdoors etc. I also found the map to be a little too easy for expert, more fitting a fairly difficult hard map. I did find the map to be fun throughout though!

I'm giving the map a 0 for now, because the theme is ok and the build is good, but the parkour is lacking.

Good luck, JJ

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
878 13
Hello ChiknStu,

I am sorry to tell you your map is being rejected. The theme is not very original as stated above, there are many steampunk and floating island themed maps that are aesthetically similar. The build looks pretty nice despite this, the terraforming is done really well and the structures are all very detailed and interesting to look at.

The parkour is a bit of a victim of the theme, where it is mostly floating. In the future, it is best to have all the parkour attached or blended into the build in some way rather than floating around the main structures. As mentioned above, it wasn't mixed or varied much, which made it a little repetitive to play. The map was also pretty easy for an expert overall but it was a bit difficult to judge because of the lack of variation in the course.

Thanks for submitting this map! If you have any questions, feel free to message me here on the forums, in-game, or on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.