Rejected Antarctica - Medium (or Easy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
- IGN: JragonLogic
- Name: Antarctica
- Difficulty: Easy or Medium (there is one neo jump but it has space on the sides to make it easier, so only that and the length make it a medium I think)
2020-06-18_00.17.09.png

2020-06-18_00.17.32.png

2020-06-18_00.17.49.png

2020-06-18_00.18.02.png

2020-06-18_00.18.16.png

- ID #: 98:30
- Warp: /plot v JragonLogic 1
- # of Jumps: 60

Last edited:

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey JragonLogic,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we currently have no maps themed after Antarctica or any continent for that matter, the theme you have chosen is most definitely original. Good job on picking out something that hasn't been done before.
  • Build: The build is not very representative of the theme you chose. It just doesn't look anything like Antarctica, the use of ice/snow blocks isn't enough. If you are trying to build a map that's supposed to be a continent, it should have some sort of a central structure and not just floating islands and blocks. You have to work on your theme accuracy through better detailing, shaping, and pk integration.
  • Parkour: The parkour's length and difficulty were not fitting for either of the two difficulties you chose. For starters, you have to pick a single difficulty when making parkour for a map and stick to it, it can't just be as long as a hard but easier than a medium. This map is too long for an easy/medium, so you have to choose a difficulty and then cut back on the number of jumps. Furthermore, the parkour was incredibly boring to do as you only utilized two jumps: single block jumps and ladder jumps. You have to keep in mind that parkour is supposed to be fun to do and variety is what gives it that enjoyability. And, you can skip the entire part at the end by just hopping on the end platform.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.