Anti-Cheat - PG13 Language

WoahBroNoHomo

Phker
Phker
Ratings
17 1
Get a good fucking anti cheat. Honestly, the one the server uses is complete shit. I saw someone use tp aura, nothing happened for a bit. I think they were eventually banned by someone. Just like 10 minutes ago there were 3 hackers on using obvious hacks. And guess what? Like one of them got logged. Is the server anti cheat only able to pick up super obviously hacks like someone using 10 block reach or something? To be honest I'm done reporting for this server, not that it really mattered since staff took so long to respond to reports. But anyway how hard can it be to get a decent anti cheat? Maybe one that when it log's people it temp bans them as well. And I don't want to see an argument of like "Oh well what if someone was false banned?" I don't know how anyone legit can be logged without lag. Since the anti cheat can only really pick up very obvious hacks.

lolol

Forum Expert
VIP
the_stunfisk
the_stunfisk
VIP
Ratings
246 7
I'd think the server would use a better one if they could, but high-end anti-cheats cost loads of money and I'm certain the server doesn't wanna go spending half their money on some anti-cheat for the least played server (no offense, but it's true). One thing about staff "taking so long" is that they have to record evidence no matter what, which means 1. Having to be online at the same time as the hacker(s) and 2. Engage in (or watch someone else) pvp them so they have necessary evidence. If you want reports taken care of faster then attach a video. Don't go on complaining about something that will benefit 1/20 of the server and is gonna drain the money from it.
Sorry if I came off a little rude there, I didn't mean to,
-Bun

WoahBroNoHomo

Phker
Phker
Ratings
17 1
I'd think the server would use a better one if they could, but high-end anti-cheats cost loads of money and I'm certain the server doesn't wanna go spending half their money on some anti-cheat for the least played server (no offense, but it's true). One thing about staff "taking so long" is that they have to record evidence no matter what, which means 1. Having to be online at the same time as the hacker(s) and 2. Engage in (or watch someone else) pvp them so they have necessary evidence. If you want reports taken care of faster then attach a video.
The server's anticheat is so bad they can probably add a cheap or even free anti cheat that would work way better. And when I make reports, I fucking report with proof. Its a fucking obvious thing to do. And I think its bullshit staff have to take so long, if they have time to play on the server or browse the forums then why can't they take like 2 minutes to look at a thread and leave a comment in one of the most important boards on the forums. Also don't you think there is a reason kitpvp isn't played so much? Can't have anything to do with not wanting to pvp with the server hella laggy, or the fact hackers are on almsot 24/7. Can't be those can it? If you go on other servers with kitpvp their kitpvp does great. This kitpvp server does bad because staff aren't caring for it. They don't care for it which makes players not want to play it which in turn makes staff not want to fix it. They pretty much gave up on it.

Selfoccate

VIP+
VIP+
Selfoccate
Selfoccate
VIP+
Ratings
149 13
We have a decent anti cheat it just doesn't ban someone if it thinks they're hacking because that would result in false bans because of lag, etc.

And I think its bullshit staff have to take so long, if they have time to play on the server or browse the forums then why can't they take like 2 minutes to look at a thread and leave a comment in one of the most important boards on the forums.
There are specific staff for specifc server's, for example, I can only ban on Islands & Skyblock, I can't ban (unless its urgent) on any of the other servers. There are little PvP staff so not all of them can be on 24/7

Last edited:

WoahBroNoHomo

Phker
Phker
Ratings
17 1
We have a decent anti cheat it just doesn't ban someone if it thinks they're hacking because that would result in false bans because of lag, etc
It really isn't. And it should do bans. Obviously don't start off a ban on someone for like a month. I used to play McPvP HG and they had an anticheat that would auto ban. It would start at like 5 minutes and would progressively go up. The more someone was banned the longer they get banned, which would mean they continued to hack. I hardly see anyone get logged for lagging, despite the server lags like 24/7 which I saw someone say they need to add more memory so that could be a fix. But the anticheat is just bad like I said, it doesn't do anything to hacks even if they are obvious. And I don't want to see the argument "Well I've seen it work before which means it is good." I've seen it work too but probably for every 1 person logged for hacking, there's 5 others who don't get logged. Just last night there were 3 hackers on kitpvp. And guess what...NONE OF THEM GOT LOGGED. Until a 4th person came on and he got logged. So it took 4 hackers for the anti cheat to notice something wrong? Did you guys even make the anti cheat or just found it. You need a better anti cheat and you need to fix the lag, Fix those and I'm almost 100% kitpvp would go up in players. Although at first it'll probably drop in players just because of how many hackers there are. But its better than just leaving the server to rot.

OneOfTheStars

MVP+
Nihilxstic
Nihilxstic
MVP+
Ratings
So the anticheat is a recoded version of AAC. AAC is generally a good anticheat but having being recoded to fit the servers needs some things have gone up others have gone down. Also clients evasiveness of anticheats have gone up and down.
I feel if AAC was reinstalled as its updated/current version there would be lesser issues.

Maybe just take logging and data feature of recoded aac and insert it in normal aac.

This would be something to take up with xDacon if you could find a chance. Add him on discord itll take a week or a day for him to accept your friend request then address it in a more kind mannar.
[DOUBLEPOST=1531084157][/DOUBLEPOST]Also since I cant edit posts on my phone I am going to double post sorry. I remember hearing this somewhere but. This anticheat was made to consider the players ping and servers tps so having the server generally being laggy the anticheat takes a big hit in that aspect causing it not to kick players. Also fire effects kb some and I believe that also has an effect on the anticheat.

Wilbo

Dedicated Member
Ratings
87 9
it can never be accurate otherwise they would have to invest unbelievable amounts of money.