Eureka14.

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Eureka14
Eureka14
ELITE
Ratings
131 7
Hi my name is Eureka14, and yes it may sound weird but I do think that humans are trapped in some sort of simulation.
I can understand if you may disagree, or maybe change to another forum post, but hear me out. I want you to think about this.

40 years ago there was a game called pong. This was a very simple yet addictive game where you had to hit a ball back and forth. The only thing you could see on the screen were two rectangles and a ball. Fast-forward 40 years later we have semi realistic games such as Red dead redemption and Halo. Video games are definitely getting better over the years. Imagine a world where we don't know the difference between real life and immersive video games.

The game 'the sims' could so help me with my argument for the simulation hypothesis. This game is a game which we all know and have all played before. What if we are the sim?

I would like you to think about this and I would live to hear your thoughts and opinions about this.

Kind regards,
Eureka14, a fellow skyblock player

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
Yes.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
Sometimes I've thought that somewhere there is a book, like a playbook, that someone is reading and it says everything that we do. Like a club of gods who like to roleplay. They pick us as characters and make us live our lives.
Right now, someone reads about me typing my thoughts about them.
And somebody else reads about you reading this.
:eek:

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
I honestly wonder sometimes if I'm in a modded game of the Sims 10 or something but that sounds INSANE so um. I'm gonna shut my mouth LMAO

abbie<3

Forum Expert
ELITE
uhhabbie
uhhabbie
ELITE
Ratings
285 11
I honestly wonder sometimes if I'm in a modded game of the Sims 10 or something but that sounds INSANE so um. I'm gonna shut my mouth LMAO
LOL i literally think about this all the time, if only whoever is running mine played sims as nicely as i do

Eureka14.

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Eureka14
Eureka14
ELITE
Ratings
131 7
Maybe possibly, there is some sort of greater being that is controlling us, or maybe possibly, we are simply made up of 1s and 0s. We define ourselves as mankind, but who knows if we are just coding, within this massive supercomputer. We may be seen as artificial ai, in another sort of universe. If you think this from a scientific point of view, there is an infinite amount of parallel universes, so possibly this could be true.

If you think this from a religious point of view, there is no proof of us going to some sort of heaven, or hell. It is only written in a holy book, that is written by a man. Religion can be seen as a faith that we follow. And faith defines as something that we believe in, without knowing that it is true. Possibly, in this multi-universe religion could be programmed as a way of controlling our beings, from causing havoc and destruction... I'm not accusing religion or making fun of God, or some greater being, but simply asking questions whether if life is really what we think it is...

I'm sure you can really tell how interested and fascinated I am within this topic xD.

Mushey

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Mushey
Mushey
ELITE
Ratings
69 1
I don't think we are really good at imagining these kinds of questions that contradict what we know about life. The truth is that we really don't know much about reality, you could have an infinite amount of time to live and STILL not know every last bit of the universe. It's insane to think that the universe we live in and every single thing around it is all simulated in some kind of third party.

Think about it like this. When you instantly turn around you, everything can be instantly generated right in front of you and you would never even know it, once you turn back, it's gone and I guess "degenerates."

Also getting a little bit nerdy here, the chair or whatever your sitting on has a trillions amounts of atoms in it. Why bother simulating all of that when all you need is the outermost layer of it. It just requires more storage for proposed "computer" to store when in reality it just makes no sense, it's empty/hallow inside until you decide to break into it and find that theres things in there, not realizing that the third party instantly created it. Weird to think about this, your body right now could be filled with things, but it could be flat out empty. Obviously this is a very bad argument cause we know very well that we have a heart, a brain, lungs, etc... that we need to function. But you kind of get my point.

Where am on the edge of this question is how they were able to stimulate everyone's individual consciousness. I think thats the minimal requirement and has to be on the criteria on how some other being is able stimulate virtual human consciousness. All they need to do is think our reality is real, and by now I think they have done it, considering all the other things they can do. Other civilizations may want to stimulate entire universes, but we wouldn't know cause we are wired to think there is no other being controlling us other than well us.

I do it find it funny where if we did live in a simulation, us making up topics like these really make it interesting. Contradicting the entity that whoever made this, making us literally have a mind of our own. Making us sentient. Making us conscious of the fact that we exist. It's a topic we can all have a bit of a laugh on, however I am also pretty shocked on the amount of research that people have done on this kind of dilemma.