Not open for further replies.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
The theme brings back good memories, but I think you could improve the way you built this. Builds for parkour maps should always be bigger than what you'd expect. That applies to more than just the bill itself: Build the stairs the bill is standing on! Build the boy he's singing to! Make the bill itself bigger, so you can add more shape and detail! There's always a lot of potential when you have a good theme, so don't feel limited by the fact that it's an easy map, or the fact that it's a "small thing".

Elly_x

Forum God
ELITE
Elly_x
Elly_x
ELITE
Ratings
557 20
The theme brings back good memories, but I think you could improve the way you built this. Builds for parkour maps should always be bigger than what you'd expect. That applies to more than just the bill itself: Build the stairs the bill is standing on! Build the boy he's singing to! Make the bill itself bigger, so you can add more shape and detail! There's always a lot of potential when you have a good theme, so don't feel limited by the fact that it's an easy map, or the fact that it's a "small thing".
Hey Tasses,

Thank you for the feedback!!! I totally understand and agree with what you are saying! I was thinking about doing everything but the problem is I wanted to focus on the bill and when it is put with the child and the stairs it would have to be very big to fit everything in. Which in the end is why I decided to just do the bill. Do you have any tips on how I would be able to do it so in future builds I can get more of the scene right?

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
878 13
Hey Elly and Ink,

I will be putting this map into reviewing for now. This means that there are aspects of your map that are good, but there are others that are keeping the map from being fully accepted at this time. You will have until December 7th, 2020 to make the needed changes before the map is automatically rejected.

The theme of your map is original, there are no other Schoolhouse Rock themed maps yet on ManaCube, so great job coming up with a new theme overall! The build however, is the main reason for the map being put in reviewing. As stated above, the build is a bit small and lacks details that are pretty key to the character. The way Bill is build makes him look more like a can than a piece of rolled up paper. Things like a bit of sinch at his "waist" since a ribbon is tied around it, a little more height, and giving him more of that papery feel will help a lot. This will be much more achievable if the build were larger.

The parkour fits the easy difficulty both with the jumps and the length. It is mixed and varied, and I found it to be pretty fun to play. Not much to say about it! However, you may have to revise the parkour a lot because the build may have to change quite a bit.

Thank you for submitting this map! Please message me on Discord once you have made the necessary changes to the map so it can be reevaluated. You are also welcome to message me on Discord should you have any questions about this review. Hope to see more maps from you both soon!

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
878 13
Hey Elly and Ink,

As requested, I will be rejecting your map. You may resubmit the map in the future should you decide to make changes or recreate the map! Thanks for submitting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.