Forum Master
ELITE
Geshultz
Geshultz
ELITE
Ratings
339 5
Hi @Marineostd ,

Just to let you know I am NOT a staff member who accepts, rejects, or puts maps into reviewing. Staff with the tag map judge are the ones that'll accept, deny or put a map into reviewing and everything I am stating is my opinion and has no effected on whether you get accepted, denied or put into reviewing. I found the theme to be very bland. I think you need to rethink of a theme to make it more interesting. Some suggestions is try to do a favorite character from a movie or book is a good idea for a more unique map. The jumps where repetitive, thought there was some variance I feel like you could add in more types of jumps to make it more interesting. Some jumps I suggested are slime jump, using water in between, try using different block types like player heads/pots. I also recommend using a different type of block as it helps contributed to an boring feeling when doing the map. Trying a more mountainous type of map. Hope this feedback helps.

Geshultz

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello skopped,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme isn't very original, considering there are a lot of maps centred around Minecraft blocks, nature, biomes etc. Please refer to the document in this thread - https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/ to make sure your map idea is original.
The build isn't very good, considering it's just a stone wall. I would suggest trying to have a build that represents the theme, with more shape and detail. I do understand though with the nature of this theme it would be difficult
The parkour is very repetitive, as it is all normal blocks and ladders. Try to experiment with a larger variety of blocks and items when you build jumps, if you need examples, I would recommend getting inspiration from recently accepted maps. This will make your map overall more enjoyable to complete.
All the parkour is floating. Try to avoid having jumps floating over the void and around the build where possible. This can make the map look quite messy.
The length and difficulty are good for an easy map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.