Rejected "Blizzard" a parkour map by William_Plays_MC and iBazKet05

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here's another, this time it probably won't make you cry, might even be used for farming, if 46 jumps is farming... this parkour includes a wrap around! Sure to make at least 1 or 2 people fall. Anyway, lets get to the requirements:
Requirements:
  • The map must have places for us to put checkpoints: There's 3 checkpoints not including the one at the start.
  • It must not be extremely wide ( It might interfere with other courses ) I used an unmerged plot.
  • Preferably made in a void environment Yup
  • Preferably a themed parkour (Not just random blocks) I have decorations planted to make the player feel as though they are in the blizzard.
  • No redstone Got it
  • What rank is this parkour? I recommend medium because there's a few 4 blocks in a row, and the overall challenge.
  • I (William_Plays_MC) and my friend iBazKet05 made this map.
  • The plot it was made on is William_Plays_MC's second plot.
  • Screenshot album is here: http://imgur.com/a/eDzjq
  • Come by if you want to try it! /plot visit William_Plays_MC 3 You won't be summoned at the entrance, just walk around the corner at the left of where u summon. Thanks!

Zycho

Dedicated Member
MVP+
Mxller
Mxller
MVP+
Ratings
64 10
I really like it, however I've noticed that Billy has said to many parkour course entries that floaty block parkour is starting to get a bit too overused and unoriginal.

Flawless

Donator
Ratings
31 1
While i like the idea, i think you should interpret things such as ice, and light. To reinforce Syc's response, i too think that the floaty block parkour style is too repetitive and should at least be mixed in with different styles to counteract the overuse of the repetition.

Zycho

Dedicated Member
MVP+
Mxller
Mxller
MVP+
Ratings
64 10
hey William can you help me get the screenshots on my map? I have lots of support for you!
I recommend you download Gyazo and then when you're ready to take the pictures press F2 in game like you normally would for a screenshot, then go into where you saved the screenshot, right click and then press "Send to Gyazo",

Job done.

Billybo10000

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
169 8
Sadly this map has been rejected and will not enter the reviewing stage.

Reasons for this include:

• The actual parkour is completely separate to the winter tundra islands that you created. While I understand they are set pieces and are there to add to the design, since you cannot interact with them, it feels more like they are there for the sake of being there.
  • If you allowed us to visit just one of the islands, then we would feel more of a connection with the landscape around us, however that is not the case here.
  • Your theme does not show here. You have some snow, it's a tundra biome... But what blizzard? Nothing on this map is telling me there was a blizzard. You have set-pieces, use them to show that a blizzard is, or has, occured, rather than placing generic trees and snow golems on them.
  • So... This is a blizzard snow themed parkour... with not one ice jump? Really? That surprises me, considering the theme is a perfect way to introduce ice jumps, rather than floating fence posts that make no sense.
  • Lastly, the ending of your map was flat out lazy. You didn't even try to hide the fact that it was not-themed. Iron bars, blue carpets and quarts do not mix with your theme.
  • I cannot stress this enough. When you pick a theme, stick with the theme with all of your jumps and don't let anything stray away from your theme!

~ Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.