Dedicated Member
ELITE
DarkPoka
DarkPoka
ELITE
Ratings
47 1
Welcome everyone,

To the ones that don’t know me, I am DarkPoka, a player from survival and currently top 1 in the boss kills leaderboard with more than 1,000 boss kills. I wanted to make this thread for a long time and now that the reset is getting closer and closer I assume that the time has come. In this thread I’m going to talk about my personal ideas for changes to the current boss system and some other miscellaneous ideas. It is important for me to emphasize that this thread is based on my personal experience from Survival season 8.

1718920081943.png

Idea #1: Improve the loot rewarding mechanic.

During my journey of killing 1000 bosses, I met a lot of players that hit the boss once and then went to the side to do some other things, sometimes they even were AFK. Just to be clear, I’m not talking about noobs with bad gear, I’m talking about people with full sva gear, some did it dozens of times. Also, I’m not the only one that it happened to, I heard many players complaining about this scenario.

My suggestion for solving this issue is to make a minimum damage requirement based on the best gear that the player wore in the last 24 hours + the amount of players in the boss arena. For example, each sva that the player had in the inventory (in one time) in the last 24 hours requires him to do +20 damage (capped in some point, like 400 dmg requirement max) in order to get a reward and the boss kill. In addition, for every player in the arena the requirement will go down by 5%.

The problem with the current mechanic is that players get carried by other players without their consent and get the same reward for doing nothing, which is highly unfair towards the hard-working players.

Also you should make the chances to get rare rewards doubled for the top 3 players with most damage dealt to the boss, so there will be a reason to be top three.

Idea #2: Add more loot to the boss loot table.

Currently it feels like few months after the new season comes out the loot which can be obtained by the bosses doesn’t worth the time, unnecessary.

In order to solve this issue, I suggest adding more rewards, some with low/super low chances to get.

They include:

* Cubit sacks (contain 0.75-0.2 cubits with low chance to get)

* Boss svas (super rare drop) which will be good mainly for bosses, for example a Krykna axe (sva), a super rare drop from the Krykna boss with sharp 8 and bane of arthropods 10 enchantments, another example is iron boots (sva), super rare drop from the Mecha-Dino boss with protection 8 and the effects slowness 2 + Knockback resistance while in the boss arena.

* Boss tokens (I will explain later in this thread - idea #6)

Idea #3: Add a new boss to the boss arena.

These bosses are there for a long time and I think that it’s time for a change. My suggestion is a boss which based on the warden mob

1718920214356.png

(like the yeti is an iron golem and hellhound is a ravager).

This boss won’t spawn in the regular place, instead there will be a hole in the middle which will lead to an underground boss arena (slime blocks will be placed where the players fall to) and there will be the boss.
1718920241899.png

(the hole will be something like that size)

This boss will have lower chances to spawn and harder to defeat (maybe even with abilities like the warden’s sonic beam attacks, spawning minions, earthquaqe attacks..)

but it will also have better rewards, new customized ones + the already existing ones with larger quantities (for example instead of 150k money sack it will become 400k).

Idea #4: Add more goal rewards after killing 500 bosses,
so there will be a point to kill bosses after 500 boss kills other than placement in the leaderboard, for example more goal rewards after killing 750 bosses and 1,000 bosses, preferable svas/some nice amount of cubits.

Idea #5: give to the top 3 boss killers every season rewards.

About this one I don’t have a lot to add, but I think that it could add more reasons to grind bosses. I’m talking about rewards like some cubits, a boss trophy, “Boss Slayer” title, a cool wardrobe/sva item (cosmetic).

1718920280095.png

Idea #6: Add boss perks.

Now I will explain about the boss tokens (from idea #2).

Every killed boss will give the player x amount of boss tokens (for top 3 it will be doubled) and with them the player will be able to upgrade perks (the perks have levels). The perks are divided to three categories:

1. Boss perks – these perks will help against the bosses like better chances to get rare loot, deal x% more damage to the boss, get x% less knockback in the boss arena, etc.

2. General perks – these perks will be applied to the player on the entire realm, except for places that will be decided to not have them, probably like the pvp area (at spawn). Some examples for perks are: Shorter kit cooldown, more (player) hearts, speed effect… of course that these perks will be (a lot) more expensive than the other perks.

3. Temporary perks – these perks will last for a specific amount of time (the time will be able to stack) and give decent effects, like strength, haste, chance to get double heads from mobs(/monsters) …

The amount of boss tokens that the player has will be shown near where the money, souls, mana, cubits are displayed and there will be a special command for the shop (like /tokens). The background of the shop can be a cool image of all of the bosses in a fight.

Idea #7: Make a new spawn point after dying to a boss.

In my opinion it will be a lot better if everytime that someone dies to the boss he(/she) will automaticly spawn in the netherite cave behind the spawn point + remove the death screen message, this is an idea to improve the quality of boss fights, especially in the beginning of new seasons when no one uses totems.

1718920313163.png

(I’m talking about this netherite cave)

Idea #8: Change the look of the boss arena.

In my opinion it’s boring to fight again and again against bosses in the same place and that it needs to be refreshed sometimes like the pvp arena (my suggestion is every season).

Some more small ideas

(not only about bosses)

1. Cancel the possibility to drop items in the boss arena.

2. Make all of the players invisible (again).

3. Add to the automatic message that being sent every time a boss spawns in brackets () that there is keep inventory there + add in the boss arena to this message (that there is keep inventory there):

1718920330948.png

(because a lot of new players ask about it).

4. Add more ways to get Kilton eggs, make an automatic message in chat every time one is being summoned + make the chances to get them from mini bosses higher.

5. Make it possible to choose one flag pin from the store for cheaper (for example 0.3 cubits) so people can buy their country’s flags without all of the other flags for a reasonable amount of cubits.

6. Make an improved tutorial for players that recently started to play.

7. Add more ingame ways to get promote keys (other than buying them for cubits/gifting/giveaways), for example as an insanely rare drop from any activity (like farming, killing bosses/players/isles mobs, getting skill experience).

8. Return the dragon monster to the burninglands.

9. Change the OG [EXPERT] and [VICTOR] titles, for example add a row underneath them/a dot in the end

1718920357080.png

1718920365119.png

in order to mark them that they were obtained by the hard way, killing mummies/doing to old trials which took a lot more time than the new trials.

These are all of my ideas for now, ty for reading until here, it would be really nice if you could comment something about your opinion and more ideas for changes (if there will be good ones I will add them to the thread with credit ofc).

Attachments

Last edited:

RQCAPTAIN

Admin | Support Manager
Admin
RQCAPTAIN
RQCAPTAIN
Admin
Ratings
97 5
Hey, thank you for all the suggestions I'll like to give some feedback on a couple of them.

Idea #1: Improve the loot rewarding mechanic.
We currently have a min-damage requirement I think it's set to 50 damage at the moment.

We also currently have a feature that gives the players who place higher a better reward. Depending on where you place your chance at a legendary reward increases top 3 it increases by 10%.

Idea #2: Add more loot to the boss loot table.
For the new survival 9 season the loot table of the bosses have been significantly improved. One of the new bosses the Ender Dragon also has a chance of dropping a SVA in it's legendary loot table.

I like the idea of the cubit sack but at this time it isn't something we would be adding to the boss loot tables. We've already increased the amount of ways players can get cubits (challenge crates, taskshop, & the new LBs(survivals new season)) all are more recent features for earning more cubits on top of the old ones cow, prestige, pond etc.

Idea #3: Add a new boss to the boss arena.
We have a Warden boss already coming out in the new survival season
We also have a new Ender Dragon boss & more additional bosses being added into the Tangleroots Update.

Idea #4: Add more goal rewards after killing 500 bosses,
Survival will be getting the /challenges feature like Skyblock & Islands which will give players rewards for killing bosses past 500.

Idea #5: give to the top 3 boss killers every season rewards.
I think this is a cool idea we could probably do some sort of tag/cosmetic reward but I don't see us giving any sort of payout/item reward for boss kills at the end of the season.
Bosses already give rewards each time you kill them, count towards /lb cubit payouts(eventscore) & will reward you in /challenges. So I think adding further non-cosmetic reward will just be a bit of a overkill reward wise as players who kill bosses are already getting a ton of rewards.

Idea #7: Make a new spawn point after dying to a boss.
We can look at making a adjustment to the spawn location

Idea #8: Change the look of the boss arena.
I like the idea of a new arena we don't have plans for a new one any time soon but I'll ask about possibly making a new arena build in the future.

2. Make all of the players invisible (again).
This should still be working is it not?

3. Add to the automatic message that being sent every time a boss spawns in brackets () that there is keep inventory there + add in the boss arena to this message (that there is keep inventory there):
I'll add some info to the hologram about keep-inv being enabled.

4. Add more ways to get Kilton eggs, make an automatic message in chat every time one is being summoned + make the chances to get them from mini bosses higher.
In the new season there will be a ton of more ways to get kilton eggs, miniboss eggs & boss eggs.

8. Return the dragon monster to the burninglands.
We can look at returning this also in the burninglands update for the new survival season.