Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
  • Username: xInitial
  • Map name: ButterflyNeo
  • The # of your Plot / or warp name to it: /plot v xInitial 3 or -104,-75
  • Difficulty (Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert, Insane): Expert
  • Number of jumps (Optional): 100~120
  • This is another idea, similar to the huge block parkour. As you can see, I used many special blocks, such as enchanting tables, anvils, cakes and heads. There are mirror parkour which appears in the xxxxxxx(a server) housing. I think the huge parkour jumps theme is original, it's not totally same as huge block/object theme. (sorry for the bad grammar)
  • Photos:
  • 2020-07-27_03.21.30.png 2020-07-27_03.21.41.png 2020-07-27_03.21.50.png 2020-07-27_03.22.15.png
  • NOTE: I used single pane block, I admit it. But it's only for decoration, it has no influence to the parkour.
  • NOTE: The third photo is a free parkour, there are many diffirent ways to the top.

Sean

VIP
gligew
gligew
VIP
Ratings
OK so here's my review based on this.
Theme - 2/5: I don't think that these types of maps are accepted anymore, and while yes, there is some huge block parkour, those ar old maps and standards have changed since then.
Build - 1/5: Same goes for the build, these types of builds just don't get accepted anymore, even maps just based off of jumps get accepted anymore.
Parkour - 4/5: As you said, the parkour seemed pretty varied, and wasn't too repetitive, but some of your block choices were overused, but that can easily be fixed.
I'm not a mapper or a moderator, but I do have a lot of hours on parkour.

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello xInitial,

I regret to inform you this map is being rejected. While we don't have a butterfly neo map, there are many, many maps based on Minecraft concepts, blocks, and mobs, Minecraft in general is a very overused theme. The build is 3D pixel art, as stated above, maps with main builds that are 2D or 3D pixel art are really not accepted anymore on ManaCube.
The parkour is okay, but I would say it is definitely too hard for an expert map in some areas, especially the end. Jumps like the blip up at the end are honestly too difficult for ManaCube in general at this time. A lot of the parkour is floating or not blended into the build well in some areas, making the build a bit messy. The map overall just fits an insane better, the parkour is mixed and varied and is fun to play, but the build is where the map falls short, unfortunately.

Thank you for submitting this map! If you have any questions, feel free to message me here on the forums, in-game, or on Discord. Hope to see more maps from you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.