Closed (Cancelled thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
I believe this is copied from another pre-existing map? (I can't post the link to the map but it's called Parkour Spiral by Hielke which is easily findable when you do a google search "Minecraft Parkour Spiral Map")

I believe this is copied from another pre-existing map? (I can't post the link to the map but it's called Parkour Spiral by Hielke which is easily findable when you do a google search "Minecraft Parkour Spiral Map")
I understand your point, I got my idea from this map itself and I did use some of the areas on my current map to save me a bit of time, but it has been edited in areas so it's different than the original one

Ratings
I understand your point, I got my idea from this map itself and I did use some of the areas on my current map to save me a bit of time, but it has been edited in areas so it's different than the original one
Ok then, I would like to argue that it seems that more than a few parts were copied (such as the main structure), but if you are still going to go through with submitting it, it would be nice if you gave sufficient credit to the original creator of the map. The only reason I brought this up is because I believe everyone should be on a level playing field. If you just copy the framework of another map and make some small changes to it, that map building process is way easier and faster. To regularly make a map of this quality, much time and effort has to be spent building (it took me roughly 15-20 hours to complete my map). The fact that you started out with a high quality framework for a map gives you an advantage over other map makers. I hope you can see my point in all of this, I don't personally have anything against you I just ask that you don't do anything like this again in the future. -Diamonder

Ok then, I would like to argue that it seems that more than a few parts were copied (such as the main structure), but if you are still going to go through with submitting it, it would be nice if you gave sufficient credit to the original creator of the map. The only reason I brought this up is because I believe everyone should be on a level playing field. If you just copy the framework of another map and make some small changes to it, that map building process is way easier and faster. To regularly make a map of this quality, much time and effort has to be spent building (it took me roughly 15-20 hours to complete my map). The fact that you started out with a high quality framework for a map gives you an advantage over other map makers. I hope you can see my point in all of this, I don't personally have anything against you I just ask that you don't do anything like this again in the future. -Diamonder
I fully understand you're point, I shall put signs up at the beginning of my map to give credit from the people's idea i got this from

Aloro

Forum Master
ELITE
aloro
aloro
ELITE
Ratings
529 26
Hey Block,
I am going to close your map submission after you said it is 'cancelled'.

- Aloro/Toby

Status
Not open for further replies.