Rejected Catharsis Heaven - Hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: cLOUDDEAD
Map Name: Catharsis Heaven
ID: 54;-76
Difficulty: Hard
Length: ~30ish jumps over 5 CPs (some CPs are used multiple times)

Another map that is heavily built around a route that loops onto itself multiple times and is designed so that blocks that are placed to make a certain jump harder in one part becomes a platform to jump from later in the map. I focused heavily on jumps requiring some form of mousing turning midair rather than just spamming generic 4blocks and 3b1up jumps. Also, there seems to be a lack of maps with complex jumps in the easier categories, which is a shame imo. The jumps here may justify changing this to be an expert but I made sure that the checkpoints are placed in ways to be used from multiple angles so any given CP is rarely longer than 3-4 jumps. Personally I prefer short CPs with hard jumps over very long CPs with lots of easy-but-chokable jumps and I wanted to try to fill that niche as I don't see many maps like that either.

Screenshots

2020-06-24_23.22.26.png
2020-06-24_23.22.33.png
2020-06-24_23.22.55.png

LovelyLing

ELITE
Lovelyling
Lovelyling
ELITE
Ratings
18 2
Hello cLOUDDEAD! Im here to give you my personal feedback on your map! please note that I am only a mapper and my opinion has no effect on the final decision whatsoever!

1-Theme || The theme isnt very original since there is already a map based on heaven. Before creating a map, make sure to look at the parkour list to find out if your idea is original.

2-Build || The build isnt great as it is only floating blocks. When creating a map, make sure you have a central build that all yoour parkour is attached to. This makes the parkour look less messy and more presentable!

3-Parkour || The parkour wasn't the best. It only consisted of one type of block. Try switching it up a bit! Add blocks like slime, anvils, fences, pots, heads, etc! Also 30 jumps is way to low for a hard map. 30 jumps is about how many you should have for an easy map.

All in all nice job making this map. I will be rating it a -1 due to the reasons above. Good luck and have a nice day.

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello cLOUDDEAD,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
As mentioned above, the theme is unoriginal as we already have a few maps relating to heaven (Heaven, HeavenVSHell.) Before creating a map, please make sure that the theme has not already been done before by going here: https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/
There is no main build, which is a crucial issue. Every map needs to have a main build; something that your parkour can build off of!
The parkour is repetitive throughout with quartz jumps. Try to incorporate different jump styles throughout your entire map! This may include; heads, snow, water, fire, and many more different types of jumps! The difficulty of the jumps does match the hard difficulty; however, the map is way too short. Hard maps are typically 60-80 jumps.

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.