Changes to /vote to help players

kipf

MVP
kipf
kipf
MVP
Ratings
I often see players worrying because they've done /vote in a champ map or in mapmaker, and then can't get their rewards.
I can think of a few solutions:
  • most commands are already blocked in champ maps and mapmaker, so adding /vote to this list would probably reduce this problem massively
  • add a message that appears above the website when you type /vote (such as "Don't try voting in a champion map -- you won't get the reward")
  • add a message on the voting website itself, maybe just above the links
Of course, this doesn't avoid the fact that if people access the vote links directly through external websites, or if only one of these solutions is implemented, people are still going to have the issue, but I think it would really help new players, and also players who just forget, to always get their vote chest rewards.

kipf <3

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
Let's see what the admins think ^-^

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,899 47
Champ maps on manacube parkour are such a small part of the community, I don't think there should be a change to the manacube website to say there is a bug with voting.
The vote link websites are third party websites with set formats, so having a custom message just for manacube, although it would be cool, it would be pretty silly.
I think the best option would be to fix the issue of not getting the rewards. There are many ways to avoid running into this problem until its fixed.

I thought they would be fixing this for the parkour update, but now its at least a few weeks after we were told "today/tomorrow". So if it will happen, i don't know :shrug:

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
I don't really agree with the third point Kipf said but some of what was said is definitely doable and is something that would be useful to newer players. It is such a small thing and I don't see the problem just blocking 1 more command to the many other commands that are blocked.

I don't think it would be that useful to add that to the actual voting sites because as SSM stated champ maps are a very small fraction of what occurs on Manacube so it doesn't really make sense having something that specific on the site.

I disagree with SSM because blocking a command such as /vote and telling players that if they are in a champ map they won't get rewards seems like a wayyyy easier fix than actually fixing that problem. And I really don't think they will fix that issue anyways because there is a reason a lot of commands and functions are blocked. To prevent exploits. So it may even be something intended to happen in order to prevent cheating.

Letting players know this is something to look out for would be a lot more beneficial before the fact rather than after. Seems like such a simple task that could save a lot of people from voting in a champion map just to be disappointed.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
It would be so easy and appreciated by the community to fix these minor issues.