49ersDude

Forum Expert
VIP+
49ersDude
49ersDude
VIP+
Ratings
95 10
so i realy think manacube should fix the chat filter. Like sware out s.. and f.... and those words. Also fix cucumber so less spawm.

Jash

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Jashhy
Jashhy
Patron+
Ratings
367 5
The way I see it, sure it could have improvements but as it stands the developers are busy with other projects. Also, a chat filter is never going to be perfect as people will just find more bypass methods, same with there being a ton of false positives happening. Some words that shouldn't get filtered are filtered and so on. All in all, the chat filter isn't amazing right now but if people didn't break the chat rules, staff wouldn't have to punish for it.

-Jash

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,892 47
The way I see it, sure it could have improvements but as it stands the developers are busy with other projects. Also, a chat filter is never going to be perfect as people will just find more bypass methods, same with there being a ton of false positives happening. Some words that shouldn't get filtered are filtered and so on. All in all, the chat filter isn't amazing right now but if people didn't break the chat rules, staff wouldn't have to punish for it.

-Jash
This is off topic but uh.. you don't need to sign every post... it says your name already lol

On topic, the filter system should be revised completely. Having a command like /filter add (specific arrangement of characters) would make it easier to prevent bypasses. If you start from scratch, you can add all the common bypasses, then as more pop up, just type the command and its added to the filter. This way words like cucumber wouldn't be censlred but the 3 letters in it would be censored if by itself.
Chat regulatory filters are pretty easy to make, usually. I *think* even I could make a command system like this.