Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
878 13
Hey there :)
I would have to give this map a -1. While the map does follow a checkerboard pattern, there's nothing else about the map that really makes it a checkerboard. There's also no checkers, which I think would have been a really cool addition! There's also similar maps such as Chess, as well as other board games...I'm not quite sure if there is a Checkers map already or not.
A lot of the parkour is floating, and it is not varied (using a lot of different blocks to create the jumps) or mixed (using these blocks in a different order and at different angles so that you can't discern the map by sections of a type of jump) at all. Try to incorporate a lot of different jumps using weird blocks and not just ladders and carpet fences, as well as normal blocks. You can look at recently accepted maps to get a better idea of what map judges are looking for!
As far as your submissions here on the forums, I see you were a little confused about the plot warp. This simply means you would put what number of plot for you it would be. EXAMPLE: /plot v K1llz0n35 1

Please note that while I am a staff member, I am not a map judge, so I have no influence over your map submission. I just like to give feedback on map reviews to help improve people's skills in the community :) good luck!

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey K1llz0n35,

It pains me to have to tell you that your map has been REJECTED.
  • Theme: The theme you have chosen for your map is not original at all as we already have a map called "Checker" that executed the theme in a much better fashion. This is not an innovative attempt on the theme.
  • Build: The build is not good at all as it doesn't even look like a checkerboard. It's a checkered patterned square. Personally, it feels like there wasn't much effort put into the map. You need to work on portraying your theme right, detailing, shaping, and parkour integration.
  • Parkour: The PK length and difficulty did fit the easy difficulty. But, it was not a very enjoyable experience. This is due to the fact that you utilized 3 blocks for your parkour: ladders, fences and quartz. You need to use proper variation in the blocks/jumps in your map so that the parkour is fun to do and isn't repetitive.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.