warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
I don't really get what you mean. Best staff in what way? For promotions, as staff of the month, ...? However, I do feel like if everyone of the community gets to pick the best staff, it wouldn't always give a good vision of the best staff. Some staff are absolutely hated by certain players because they're regularly punished or believe a staff member has it out for them for punishing, which could make them look like horrible staff when looking at the votes, while this most likely isn't the case. A lot of bias would happen too, Players would choose for a staff memer on their own server most likely. I do get where you're comming from though. You could start a sugestion on something like a monthly community staff, which could be the staff member voted as most liked or something. Maybe that was what you're going for here, sorry if that's the case xD <3

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I think this is a cool concept, but like war said... there could be a lot of bias, and not saying it would happen... but it could make some staff feel like they didn't work hard enough or "no one likes them."
I think all staff should be equally loved and appreciated, because all the staff have to do the same darn thing at the end of the day- enforce the rules... they are all unique in their own ways and have their own strengths/weaknesses.
And also, I feel this could become controversial... and could start arguments? I know Staff of the Month is a thing, but... wouldn't this just be one more thing to fuel fights?

woolly26

Forum Master
ELITE
woolly26
woolly26
ELITE
Ratings
238 92
I don't really get what you mean. Best staff in what way? For promotions, as staff of the month, ...? However, I do feel like if everyone of the community gets to pick the best staff, it wouldn't always give a good vision of the best staff. Some staff are absolutely hated by certain players because they're regularly punished or believe a staff member has it out for them for punishing, which could make them look like horrible staff when looking at the votes, while this most likely isn't the case. A lot of bias would happen too, Players would choose for a staff memer on their own server most likely. I do get where you're comming from though. You could start a sugestion on something like a monthly community staff, which could be the staff member voted as most liked or something. Maybe that was what you're going for here, sorry if that's the case xD <3
Yeah that was my concept, staff being voted by community but I get your point.

woolly26

Forum Master
ELITE
woolly26
woolly26
ELITE
Ratings
238 92
I think this is a cool concept, but like war said... there could be a lot of bias, and not saying it would happen... but it could make some staff feel like they didn't work hard enough or "no one likes them."
I think all staff should be equally loved and appreciated, because all the staff have to do the same darn thing at the end of the day- enforce the rules... they are all unique in their own ways and have their own strengths/weaknesses.
And also, I feel this could become controversial... and could start arguments? I know Staff of the Month is a thing, but... wouldn't this just be one more thing to fuel fights?
Probably

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
I see what you mean. In my opinion, all staff is great! But I do think Staff of the month is a good thing to have. Not only is it a good way to thank staff who really did their best that month, it also is an amazing way to motivate progression and activity. I've seen 2 staff of the months happen so far and I haven't seen it cause any trouble yet and I don't think it will. I haven't been staff of the month yet so you'd think I'd be really upset if I didn't get it. But I'm actually not. Hearing from other (superior) staff that I'm doing well is already really rewarding. Throw some of the mesages you get from some players to say thanks on top of that and it makes staff of the month just seem like a nice little extra to me. I can't say for sure but I'd think this is the same for other staff members.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I see what you mean. In my opinion, all staff is great! But I do think Staff of the month is a good thing to have. Not only is it a good way to thank staff who really did their best that month, it also is an amazing way to motivate progression and activity. I've seen 2 staff of the months happen so far and I haven't seen it cause any trouble yet and I don't think it will. I haven't been staff of the month yet so you'd think I'd be really upset if I didn't get it. But I'm actually not. Hearing from other (superior) staff that I'm doing well is already really rewarding. Throw some of the mesages you get from some players to say thanks on top of that and it makes staff of the month just seem like a nice little extra to me. I can't say for sure but I'd think this is the same for other staff members.
Okay, well now I wouldn't mind hearing what other staff have to say... but seriously, let's just take a minute to really fully appreciate the staff and all their hard work!

Surge

Forum Expert
ELITE
The_Surge
The_Surge
ELITE
Ratings
244 8
I have seen this suggestion before I would agree it is great to have a voice in the community as to who is working really hard when not all staff are on but also it would be quite a bias in the form, for example, a PVP staff going up against an Olympus staff member would have a significantly harder time at getting the votes due to the community sizes atm.

I will agree with this suggestion but only if it is separate from the staff member of the month maybe like Staff MVP or something like that.

AT0MICCHIk3N

Dedicated Member
ELITE
AT0MICCHIk3N
AT0MICCHIk3N
ELITE
Ratings
121 7
This is a good suggestion but there 3 place where staff can get staff of the month. The suggestions would be good in game but people are in different time zone so it would be hard to decide on the staff of the month. but for forum you can't see all the work of the staff.

woolly26

Forum Master
ELITE
woolly26
woolly26
ELITE
Ratings
238 92
I have seen this suggestion before I would agree it is great to have a voice in the community as to who is working really hard when not all staff are on but also it would be quite a bias in the form, for example, a PVP staff going up against an Olympus staff member would have a significantly harder time at getting the votes due to the community sizes atm.

I will agree with this suggestion but only if it is separate from the staff member of the month maybe like Staff MVP or something like that.
Or add a category and make like community favourite staff next to staff of the month

woolly26

Forum Master
ELITE
woolly26
woolly26
ELITE
Ratings
238 92
This is a good suggestion but there 3 place where staff can get staff of the month. The suggestions would be good in game but people are in different time zone so it would be hard to decide on the staff of the month. but for forum you can't see all the work of the staff.
True

AT0MICCHIk3N

Dedicated Member
ELITE
AT0MICCHIk3N
AT0MICCHIk3N
ELITE
Ratings
121 7
And that not all the people only play 1-3 gamemode so they can't really see what the staff does on the other gamemode . The best way would be to have a staff of the month on every server so everyone could vote on the best staff that on that gamemode. But it would be alot of work.
(Some people don't even know some staff)

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I think this is an excellent idea. If a staff member is obviously the most active on Discord that month, bias from a minority of players isn't going to sway the vote. You mentioned that a kit mod isn't going to be as well known as an olympus mod, which is true, but staff don't only deal with their own server, and now that the bans website is back up anyone who's interested can see which staff members are muting more than others.

However I don't think staff should be taken out of the voting decision. They see angles of staffing that us players don't see. Maybe there could be two awards, a player vote and a staff vote (although 6 SOTM winners would be excessive) or maybe the two results could just be compared.

As I said, a staff member being more popular on a server, or unpopular with a small group of people, isn't going to override the "real winner." And I really don't think it's a big deal- its just a monthly award, and the only reason we should feel really cautious is if there's spamming in the ballots.

There will always be bias in democracy. That's why everyone gets one vote. We just have to trust that the results will ring true. And if a staff member is disliked by everyone, maybe - in a position designed to improve the server and help players - that's something that should be looked at.

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
I think this is an excellent idea. If a staff member is obviously the most active on Discord that month, bias from a minority of players isn't going to sway the vote. You mentioned that a kit mod isn't going to be as well known as an olympus mod, which is true, but staff don't only deal with their own server, and now that the bans website is back up anyone who's interested can see which staff members are muting more than others.

However I don't think staff should be taken out of the voting decision. They see angles of staffing that us players don't see. Maybe there could be two awards, a player vote and a staff vote (although 6 SOTM winners would be excessive) or maybe the two results could just be compared.

As I said, a staff member being more popular on a server, or unpopular with a small group of people, isn't going to override the "real winner." And I really don't think it's a big deal- its just a monthly award, and the only reason we should feel really cautious is if there's spamming in the ballots.

There will always be bias in democracy. That's why everyone gets one vote. We just have to trust that the results will ring true. And if a staff member is disliked by everyone, maybe - in a position designed to improve the server and help players - that's something that should be looked at.
I don't think the punishment site should be something players rely on to pick their favorite staff since the amount of bans and mutes doesn't say that much about the activity and overall helpfulness. One can have, lets say, 100 bans that month and look like he's really active while another may have 20 bans but is online more often and just helps more.

I personally really like staff of the month as it is. But I'd say the community can always express their gratitude towards a staff member they feel is worth it. A message on discord, mention in a thread or just in game could get your point across and is most likely really appreciated.