Rejected cyan vs pink PK-medium

Status
Not open for further replies.
me (Fauntlerory) and my friend (takkcarrot) made this racing map on takkcarrots plot 1 but i am not sure which coordinates i should put for it so i hope this will do (xyz: 10302 / 71 / 14168). This map is inspired by a map under medium called red vs blue but i couldn't seem to find who made this map, me and takkcarrot both really enjoyed playing red vs blue so we made our own. We think it has quite different jumps but the idea and design are the same or really similar. We think this could be an easy or a medium map we are not quite sure. Both of the sides are exactly the same (we think) and so on one side there are 51 jumps and 3 checkpoints and one at the beginning for the start for both of the sides. It does have quite a few barrier blocks to stop people cheacting and on the iron bar jump i put some barriers to make it harder but i can get rid of them if i need to. This is our first map so it might not be that good but we hope it meets all the rules and requirements and that you like it. I just looked at somebody else's map submission and i have now changed the wool under the ending pressure plate to orange.
1592137320254.png
1592137651856.png
1592137737624.png
1592137817857.png
1592138224513.png

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
977 851
Hello, I do like the idea of your race map, but its not executed well.

Build: You need to improve the build, by adding an actual build like people would be on. Look at some of the maps in game, and they can give you inspiration on it.
Parkour: Repetitive. Try adding more fences,heads,slimes,ladders,soul sand,ice.water,lava,etc.
Theme: Race? I feel like this theme is done many times but is unoriginal as we have many race maps. F E RvB,OvB. I think there is more race maps, just cant remember them all.

-1 for now.

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
Theme: Race? I feel like this theme is done many times but is unoriginal as we have many race maps. F E RvB,OvB. I think there is more race maps, just cant remember them all.
ehh, I wouldn't say so, it'd be good to have a few more race maps, as there currently aren't that many.

khirina

Dedicated Member
VIP
khirina
khirina
VIP
Ratings
130 6
ehh, I wouldn't say so, it'd be good to have a few more race maps, as there currently aren't that many.
its not so much the race theme is unoriginal, its just that its really hard to successfully stylize two paths

i have now added some more iron bars, fences, slimes and ladders. And i have added some water, ice and soul sand. We also don't really know how to incorporate a build because we have already built the PK and there is nothing that we think would fit the theme. I also decided to put in another checkpoint because there were loads of hard jumps and then no checkpoint an i felt mean so i added one.
1592145050807.png
1592145201635.png
1592145350491.png

Last edited:

GeorgeVa

Ratings
43 1
I would like to see more race maps, to be honest. The build looks plain but then again it is a race map. Good luck with your submission!

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Fauntlerory,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: I believe this map to be unoriginal as we currently have two color-themed race maps on the server, these being "RedVsBlue" and "OrangeVsBlue". Changing the color of the sides doesn't make it any more original.
  • Build: Although I can definitely see what you were going for, I still think the build is pretty low-effort. These types of maps just aren't typically accepted anymore due to how uninspired and bland they are. It's really just floating jumps, there's no structure to it.
  • Parkour: The PK difficulty and length did fit the medium difficulty, but, it had other issues. The PK felt very linear and repetitive as it was just moving from one-type of jump segment to another one-type of jump segment and so forth. You have to be creative when making parkour and utilize as many different blocks/jumps you can so that it's enjoyable to do. Also, you have to work on labeling your barriers so that players don't just jump to them because they don't know they're there. And there was a part where we had to jump to water and it didn't seem possible?
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.