Rejected Despair bear

Status
Not open for further replies.
User: Dokironpas
Map name: Despair bear
2019-05-01_23.05.44.png
2019-05-01_23.06.12.png
2019-05-01_23.07.02.png

(sorry if you can't tell what the blocks are bc of my texture pack >.<)
plot ID:-4;64
difficulty: Easy?
number of jumps: in first picture (39 min.)

Dubinzi

Dedicated Member
MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
Giving this a -1
Positives:
  • Original Theme
Negatives:
  • This is a pixel art level. Pixel art levels are no longer accepted.
  • Jumps are repetitive
  • Very little jump variation
  • Lots of barriers
  • Lots of floating blocks
  • The course does not look visually appealing
Suggestions:

The theme is definitely good, but the execution was bad. I recommend completely remaking the level with the same theme.
So, here's some advice for that
  • Make your jumps more interesting. Try not to have 3 similar jumps (For example, ladder towers) in a row so that you don't make the player bored. The best blocks (in my opinion) to use are iron bars, glass panes, soul sand, ice, fences, heads, and trapdoors.
  • Add more detail to your course to make it feel more like an environment instead of floating blocks
  • Avoid floating jumps. Although some of the older courses on the server have floating jumps, the standards have increased since then. This is not to say you should never use floating jumps, just that you should avoid them as much as possible.
  • Avoid using barriers to block people off from reaching areas (Barrier parkour is OK if done correctly).
Good luck!

Giving this a -1
Positives:
  • Original Theme
Negatives:
  • This is a pixel art level. Pixel art levels are no longer accepted.
  • Jumps are repetitive
  • Very little jump variation
  • Lots of barriers
  • Lots of floating blocks
  • The course does not look visually appealing
Suggestions:

The theme is definitely good, but the execution was bad. I recommend completely remaking the level with the same theme.
So, here's some advice for that
  • Make your jumps more interesting. Try not to have 3 similar jumps (For example, ladder towers) in a row so that you don't make the player bored. The best blocks (in my opinion) to use are iron bars, glass panes, soul sand, ice, fences, heads, and trapdoors.
  • Add more detail to your course to make it feel more like an environment instead of floating blocks
  • Avoid floating jumps. Although some of the older courses on the server have floating jumps, the standards have increased since then. This is not to say you should never use floating jumps, just that you should avoid them as much as possible.
  • Avoid using barriers to block people off from reaching areas (Barrier parkour is OK if done correctly).
Good luck!
thank you! i wasn't really sure what counted as a pixel art level, sorry!

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi Dokironpas,
I'm gonna close your submission because the map do not exist anymore on your plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.