Developer ignorance

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,892 47
Uhm, didn't know that was a thread, but thanks I guess....???
He just made it.
I personally don't see much help from it. It's really just them saying 'its been reported'.
However, I do hope that this post marks the start of great improvement where they've been struggling for so long on the issues mentioned in this thread and many more places.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
He just made it.
I personally don't see much help from it. It's really just them saying 'its been reported'.
However, I do hope that this post marks the start of great improvement where they've been struggling for so long on the issues mentioned in this thread and many more places.
I'm looking forward to seeing the addition of the QA team. I'm hoping that it will help with the lack of communication between the devs/admins and the community since that seems to be one of the main issues occurring.

Lofi

Forum Expert
ELITE
beatsbylofi
beatsbylofi
ELITE
Ratings
263 9
bit late to the party, but whilst I'm glad that dylans now made that thread linked above, i still think that's its not only an issue of not fixing bugs and issues but also flat out ignoring or prioritizing servers. what server am i talking about? take a wild guess.

parkour is notorious for being a. one of the if not the most popular server on mana (not to flex or anything but when funny green man gives you attention, so do his stans) and b. completely undertreated. looking at the #updates channel, you see mainly kit, oly and occasional islands, surv and global updates. the last 3 pk updates have been 2 new features which are admittedly useful (/jump makes it easier for helpers and players to find others and going back on log is a timesaver) but overall circumstantial and partially unneeded as there's just communication and patience to fix it, and fixing being able to buy the enderchest hat. is buying hats and quality-of-life improvals as important as fixing bugs or updating actual things the community is asking for?

we've also been screwed over in terms of crates and perks. while other servers have elite crates and fancy items, we get... titles. that's it. maybe a pet? maybe an aura? but no clothing, no hats, no nothing. i understand that yeah, no practical use for it, but it'd be nice to have a change from the titles, auras and pearls we usually get. also, we don't even have like half of the elite perks, or even the crate. noah made a post which has more detail about it in the feedback section of the forums (cba finding the link) so I'll let you guys have a look at that for more info.

overall, I'm glad the devs are trying to fix the issues brought up here. but its not just about fixing bugs. its also about managing each server equally and prioritizing issues over others (like really annoying bugs such as /log still being kinda iffy and perks not being on the server being prioritized over cosmetics and quality of life additions). this kinda turned into a rant about the state of pk and how its managed, but someone needed to say it. if i said something wrong or weird... its me dude, what did you expect? just yell at me in a reply.

xcy

Dedicated Member
Ratings
123 5
aye to be honest, while we might be unhappy with how development is going, at least they're being honest about it. they're keeping the community updated, listening to "some" of our feedback, and telling us our voices are being heard. take skater XL for example. Many of you may not have heard of it - and thats fine. But with this game, it was released, and people loved it. Suggestions were made, etc, but there was NO dev feedback, no posts, LITERALLY NOTHING regarding the game from the devs, and people got more and more mad. Out of nowhere, an update dropped, and the cycle repeats. I feel like this is whats happening with mana right now, and this is the same reason why I'm so greatful we have a highly interactive community of staff, players, and devs alike. So as frustrating as it may be, I'm going to be as positive as possible and be appreciative that the devs are being honest with us.

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
Trying to manage a server of more than 10,000 players is probably really hard. The devs are probably also working a irl job too.