Ratings
Username: zjr0dz
Map name: Dr. Phil
Plot number: 102;111
Warp: /plot visit zjr0dz 2
Predicted difficulty: Expert/Insane
Creators: zjr0dz and MojoRise

Brief description:
Dr. Phil map includes a video camera, "Dr. Phil" logo, Dr. Phil's chair, and Dr. Phil himself- along with some fun parkour. We had a lot of fun making this, and we hope you enjoy it!

Attachments

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello zrj0dz,

I firstly want to apologize for the amount of time it has taken to have your map judged. The map judges have been a bit preoccupied with our transition into our fall schedules, so sometimes it takes a bit longer for us to judge maps. With that, I'll get to judging :)

I am sorry to tell you that this map is being rejected. However, I could see this being resubmitted with some major adjustments to the parkour for sure. The theme is original, there are no Dr. Phil or TV show host maps, so good job on coming up with an original theme! The build of Dr. Phil is great, it is definitely recognizable as him and pretty accurate to what he looks like in block form. However, there's tons of space on the build that make it feel really empty or plain. There's tons of detail on Phil himself, but the chair and especially the floor are extremely plain. I think the build of Phil is large enough to hold at least an expert map to either remove the chair and a decent portion of the floor, as they don't fit the style of the rest of the build.
The parkour however is where the map really falls short for me. The parkour is somewhat varied, but not mixed very well at all. This is especially noticeable with the excess amount of ladders used throughout the map. Try to mix different kinds of blocks all throughout your map to make a unique and interesting course! The difficulty is highly inconsistent, with some jumps being suitable for an easy map, while others fit an expert/insane map. Because the map is so spread out, a lot of the jumps are floating around as well, which distract from the build and make it look very messy. The path is also pretty odd. There's tons of space on this build to make a really lovely, spacious insane map, yet it feels like a lot of it has gone unused. Try to either reduce the size of your build or change up the path of your parkour. You can see recently accepted maps in the Accepted Maps Subforum, or at /warp beta on the server.

Thank you for submitting this map! If you have any questions, feel free to message me here on the forums, in-game, or preferably on Discord. Hope to see you revise this map!

Status
Not open for further replies.