Rejected Electric Lights - Easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Hi! My name is George (username GPieAwesome) and i enjoy parkour, although i'm pretty rubbish at it. But i would like to think that i'm good at making maps!
This is my first ever submission so i hope it goes well.
The name of the course is Electric Lights, i called it this because the theme is Redstone Lanterns. there is also a cool jump involving a lever and piston (and if that isn't allowed in maps then you should know it is possible with out the piston being extended). It is an easy map and is quite short but is sure to make the participant feel accomplished when they finished it.
I hope you enjoy this map and if there are any problems, please feel free to let me know!
My plot name should be GPieAwesome.
Thanks for your consideration!
GPieAwesome.

Attachments

JustKyrO

Dedicated Member
MVP+
JustKyrO
JustKyrO
MVP+
Ratings
53 1
Hello, I’m sorry to say I’m going to give this a -1. The theme of electric lights could be good if executed well, unfortunately your parkour does not have a build. In the future try to make a central build your parkour can focus around. Because of this, your parkour is floating, which map judges see as messy. Next time when you have a central build make sure the parkour it attached to it. One more note, in the future make sure your parkour has variety. Don’t be afraid to experiment with vines, brewing stands, pots, panes, minecarts, etc... Make sure not to group the jumps together either, spread them apart so your map is more enjoyable to complete. Please note this is not a staff review, I am only a mapper in the community. Good luck with this submission and any future ones!

Ratings
Hello, I’m sorry to say I’m going to give this a -1. The theme of electric lights could be good if executed well, unfortunately your parkour does not have a build. In the future try to make a central build your parkour can focus around. Because of this, your parkour is floating, which map judges see as messy. Next time when you have a central build make sure the parkour it attached to it. One more note, in the future make sure your parkour has variety. Don’t be afraid to experiment with vines, brewing stands, pots, panes, minecarts, etc... Make sure not to group the jumps together either, spread them apart so your map is more enjoyable to complete. Please note this is not a staff review, I am only a mapper in the community. Good luck with this submission and any future ones!
Thanks for the advice! great to know

ThePKFish

Retired Mod+
ELITE
selfassured
selfassured
ELITE
Ratings
312 15
Hello,

This map is being rejected. There is really no central build to this course, as it is just the parkour. Therefore, the parkour is all floating and the overall course is unattractive. The parkour is repetitive and not fun to do. Overall, there isn't really a build and the parkour is very repetitive and not fun to do.

Thank you for submitting this map!
If you have any questions, you may DM me on here, in game, or on discord!

-Ashley (ThePKFish, fishy1980)

Status
Not open for further replies.