Status
Not open for further replies.

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
Its an interesting map, but it will probably have some issues with the theme because of floating island and ruin stuff being overused. I think the parkour was fun, but it was mostly just jump from full block A to full block B, which is another thing you'll have an issue with. Try experimenting with odd types of jumps like jumping around a wall then catching a ladder, or unique head-hitter jumps

piebrian5

Ratings
Adding on to what Curtis said The theme is not very original with several maps looking just like this. The build is also not very great you almost only used normal stone bricks in the build. I understand that there isn’t many blocks that you can choose from but you should try to spruce it up a bit. I suggest that you scrap this map and start a new one as I don’t think that this can be saved (unless I’m wrong). Anyway good luck!

Luci

Forum Expert
ELITE
drowfie
drowfie
ELITE
Ratings
98 3
Hello,

I'm sorry to inform you that your map has unfortunately been rejected due to the reasons listed below.
Firstly, the theme 'Ruins' is very unoriginal as it is a recurring map theme throughout ManaCube. The build also is very spread apart, and would help if you have a 'main' build in the future. Another issue I found was that the parkour had almost no variation in jumps or blocks, as most of the jumps were 'normal' blocks, as well as most of the parkour being floating jumps, the parkour and length fit the difficulty of what you were going for, but it was quite confusing, and I found myself lost multiple times on the map.

In the future when creating maps, please look at the official map list located HERE to prevent future maps being unoriginal. I'd also recommend to create kind of a 'main' build in your parkour, as having parkour 'scattered' around is usually frowned upon. I'd also recommend using a variation of blocks throughout your parkour, I recommend using blocks such as brewing stands, ladders, fences, chests, cake, water, and etc. make sure your parkour doesn't just consist of a few blocks, as well as adding some indicators of where to go such as heads or signs.

Thanks for taking the time to create and submit this map! I'd love to see more from you in the future.
Luci

Status
Not open for further replies.