Not open for further replies.

RaddyRyann

MVP
zyxwvutsrqponmlk
zyxwvutsrqponmlk
MVP
Ratings
15 1
Hi JudahOMG, I just tested out your map and while I really like the build, I have noticed some things that you should keep in mind when you make your next map.
1. There is a lack of variety within the parkour. It's very repetitive as it's mainly just regular blocks. Try and add some variety by incorporating ladders, fences, and other various blocks.
2. It is REALLY short for its intended difficulty, and the jumps aren't that difficult. Try and add more jumps corresponding to the maps difficulty.
3. I'm assuming the theme is a sea temple, just by looking at the block choice. The only issue with this is that it's been done before. So it's not very unique.
4. This one isn't as important, but for future reference please put the pressure plate over a piece of colored wool corresponding to the difficulty of the map.

Anyways I hope these tips help you with your future map building, and best of luck!

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey JudahOMG,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: The floating island/structure theme is a very over-used one, it is typically one that isn't accepted anymore unless it adds something new and innovative to the server. But, this map doesn't do that so I believe it is quite unoriginal.
  • Build: The build is not very good. It's floating prismarine jumps and a floating minorly detailed prismarine "monument". It's completely devoid of proper detailing, shaping, and parkour integration, which leads it to be very unattractive.
  • Parkour: The PK length and difficulty were not appropriate for the medium difficulty, I felt it was way too short and easy. I recommend ramping up the number of jumps and the difficulty of them. Furthermore, the parkour was incredibly repetitive as you used the same types of jumps over and over again. You have to use a variety of jumps/blocks when making parkour so that it is enjoyable to do.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.