Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Parkour theme/detail: Hey there for your theme unfortunately I'm going to be giving your theme a -1, sadly we've already got a couple of parkour maps that look like a forest/incorporate that type of design. For your parkour detail, you did an extremely basic job, I don't really see any detail on your map submission, I suggest adding some trees, possible a house, etc.

Parkour variety/difficulty: After personally testing out your map submission I've got to say that it may have the length of a MEDIUM map submission but the parkour difficulty is most likely the same as an EASY parkour map submission. You basically used all floating block parkour which ruins your map submission and makes it look very messy in my opinion, your parkour variety is very basic and you don't really use any significant blocks. I suggest adding flower pot parkour, chest/enchantment table parkour, cactus parkour, etc.

Good luck!

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey TrueBluw,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: Your map is basically themed after the wood block from Minecraft, even if you believe otherwise. The build justifies this statement as there's no presence of anything but this block really. As such, I don't believe this is an original submission.
  • Build: I really don't see a build on this map. It's mostly just floating jumps with the exception of like two platforms. Parkour can never replace the build of a map. It's meant to provide an enjoyable side to the build. If we just wanted parkour for the sake of parkour, we'd be just like the other PK servers. Here, we want you to focus on a build and integrate your parkour into it.
  • Parkour: The parkour is both long and hard enough for a medium. But, even if it fits the difficulty, it has a major issue. This being how repetitive the parkour was. You basically used the same block and jump for the entirety of your map. It was 75% wood block 1b's/2b's/3b's and 25% fence jumps. It just wasn't enjoyable to do at all. You need to be more creative.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.