FOUND A BUG AHHHH I HATE BUGS!

Does this happen to you?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ye so there's a bug on survival and i don't know if its only me but if i enchant a lvl 30 enchant it only take 3 lvls. is this suppose to be here? i kinda abused it because i thought it was suppose to be there but my friend said that it didn't work for him
[DOUBLEPOST=1469131024][/DOUBLEPOST]i also think that we should have an elytra drop party at spawn on survival sometime because there so hard to find and there new

Ratings
That isn't a bug. That's how the new enchanting system introduced in Minecraft 1.8 works. The first option costs 1 level; the second costs 2; the third, 3.

LUL

Ratings
32 3
Hi BounciestPig2,

First of all, this should've been in the "Bugs Report" section.

I'm not staff, but thanks for reporting. What you have discovered is actually not a bug. Since the 1.8 update, Mojang decided to implement lapis into the enchanting system in order for the player to enchant. It basically substitutes the original 1.7 enchatning.
In your case, you wanted to do a max 30 level enchant on an item, so you needed 3 lapis in order to enchant it. Instead of the enchanting table taking away all 30 levels, Mojang changed this in the 1.8 update to using the 3 lapis, it will only take 3 of your levels.

Depending on the amount of lapis you put into the enchantment table (maximum of 3), you unlock higher levels of echanting. For example 1 lapis unlocks the first slot, 2 lapis unlocks the first and second, and 3 lapis unlocks all slots.

So don't worry about abusing the enchantment, it's just an update to the enchanting system that Mojang made.

I tried my best; I hope I solved your question. Thank you again for reporting.

Manyrain

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
262 19
Damn, Sheep and Squishy beat me...but yes, it isn't a bug. Just as Squishy said, please put bug reports in the correct section of the website <3​