PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Hello, I am here to give you some input on your map.

First off, the parkour. 48 jumps is very short for a map of the HARD difficulty. They tend to have 60-80 jumps, so 48 would fit more of a medium. There is a bit of floating parkour in the beginning which isn't great, so if you could maybe integrate more parkour into your build by making the build bigger to fit 60+ jumps and have most of them connected to the main build. I haven't played the map yet so for the difficulty of the jumps I can't really give an opinion at this point, but the jumps do look a bit repetitive. I know it can be hard to have an upwards-traveling parkour without having a lot of ladder jumps, but maybe more ice/flower pot/anvil/water jumps to make playing the map more interesting.

Then, the build. The build is pretty good for your theme, but the theme itself is a bit lacking. It's pretty plain with it just being essentially a glass block with a face on it. I would try to think of a theme that you can really base a detailed, well-designed map around as opposed to a theme that can be created with a 17 x 17 x 17 cube.

Best of luck on future builds!

-Pyro

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello Fu11,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is a bit unoriginal, as we already have a map based on glass (GlassMuseum.) Before creating a map, please make sure that the theme has not been done before by going here: https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/
The build is decently accurate to what you were going for; however, it looks a bit plain (this is due to the nature of the block, I understand that.)
The parkour is a bit varied throughout; however, it gets repetitive within each section, so try to incorporate different jump styles throughout your entire map! The length of the map is a bit short for the hard difficulty, and the difficulty of the jumps is inconsistent.

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.