Rejected Hoth - Easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathanpls

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Ratings
460 21
It’s a nice start, but I think you could do much more. Maybe build a scene or environment so it’s not only floating parkour! :) Keep it up though!!

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello Winter_Defender,

I am sorry to tell you your map is being rejected. While there are many Star Wars maps, there are none specifically based upon Hoth, so the theme is original. The build, however, is my main concern. It doesn't look much like Hoth, as it just looks like a winter/snow biome map. Maybe if it were larger and included Echo Base, it would be much more representative of the theme. The majority of the map is just floating islands and parkour. Try keeping everything as one central build with the parkour on, around, or inside of it. You can look at recently accepted maps in the Accepted Maps subforum, or at /warp beta on the server to see our current mapmaking standards.

The parkour does fit the easy length somewhat, but it felt closer to medium difficulty. Jumps like single neos are not allowed in easy maps. The parkour also wasn't varied or mixed much at all. When making parkour, try to use a wide palette of unique blocks, but don't create random block spam; make sure they serve a purpose. As a side note, the ending for easy maps is lime wool with a stone pressure plate on top. Make sure to include this if you plan on making more maps! [khirina]

Thank you for submitting this map! If you have any questions, feel free to message me here on the forums, in-game, or on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.