How do you become a map judge? (Future thinking)

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Hey guys,
Just wondering: How do you become a map judge? I'm thinking about this for the future of my time on Parkour.

If there's already a link that answers this question, please direct it to me!
Acid

Elly_x

Forum God
ELITE
Elly_x
Elly_x
ELITE
Ratings
557 20
Hey Acid,

From what I have heard and asked about you first have to become staff and than promoted to mod. Once you are mod you have to first understand those duties and than you can apply under Shinx. I heard it’s super laid back. Hope this helps!

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Elly is correct. Usually the other map judges will have a discussion about one’s abilities as a mapper and as a moderator before deciding if someone will be able to become a Map Judge.
The main prerequisite to become a Map Judge is your mapmaking ability. Almost all (if not truly all) of the map judges were Mappers first. If you can’t successfully create maps, how can you be one to judge them? All of the judges have made at least one map to prove they can also execute the requirements that players are given.
A lot of map judges also have a decent understanding of parkour mechanics and knowledge about jumps. Improving your knowledge about parkour as a player by educating yourself about different styles of jumps, strategies, and techniques will also improve your map building skills.
Lastly, and probably the least important, most judges have a decent foundation of WorldEdit and can use it efficiently. This goes hand in hand with becoming a good builder in general, not just making parkour maps.
Hope this helps give you some insight :)