How to get a better chance for an accepted Parkour map! {Guide}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superburrito_132

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
Before I start, the guidelines/rules to making a parkour course to even getting accepted can be found here: http://www.minevast.com/community/threads/must-read-map-submission-information.649/

Recently, my first parkour map got accepted (the link can be found here: http://www.minevast.com/community/threads/spongebob-parkour.1726/)

Anyways, today I'm gonna tell you how to get a better chance for an accepted Parkour map.

1.) Be original

This is a big one for map judges to give a good, final decision. A themed course is usually the best way to go. It makes the course looks great and enjoyable. For example, a TV show, a well-known fictional character, etc. There are so many options. Make sure your idea hasn't been taken before.

2.) Add great detail/Make it attractive

This is also a great factor in your map getting accepted. The MineVast team knows that people give one look at your map to decide if they want to do it or not. A lot of people do this, like myself. If you can't do details, or aren't that good at building, ask someone on the server if they can do it for you. Most people will do this if you give them credit when they submit the map.

3.) Ask a player or map judge if you should fix anything before you submit

This is an important part of making your map. If you ask a player, and they tell you it's not that good, listen to them. Take constructive criticism. It takes hard work and determination to make an official MineVast map, so listen to what people say. Make sure it's a random player who isn't your friend. Take their criticism to heart.

4.) Take good screenshots

When you submit your map, you need screenshots. Make sure to take beautiful, gorgeous screenshots of your map. If your map looks good, you can take really bad screenshots. I've known people who did this before. This will help people like your post and leave a nice comment, having the judges take notice!

More coming soon! ~Superburrito_132

{More will be added weekly! If a mod can lock this and maybe even sticky this, that would be great! Thanks!}

Status
Not open for further replies.