Idea: Add a Favorite Maps Tab to Parkour

Would a Favorites Section in the GUI for Parkour Maps be useful?

• Yes

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
I saw a guy on the server yesterday ask if this was a thing, and it's not! I waited to see if he would come post it on the forums, and I forgot his name and I feel terrible about it...
But let's face it. There's well over 800 maps now on Manacube. We're all bound to have ones we like to play again and again for different reasons! While yes, some people only play each map once and that's the end of it, I think it would be really useful to add this feature into the Map Menu GUI.

Instead of the other colors of wool, favorites could be represented under the Hard maps section with a pink wool (or any other representation, maybe a head?).
To add maps to this tab, you could be prompted after completing the rating, number of completions, and adding to your favorites via clicking a heart icon in the chat (to function like the ratings system).
The map could then be found in the Favorites tab and highlighted with pink stained glass (or just keep the green glass, this is superficial).

This is only one way to execute this, but I feel like it could be a useful addition to the gamemode's interface. I know I have maps that I like to do again and again and have the location memorized, but this is harder for maps that are a few pages deep into the menu.

Thoughts? Other methods of doing this?

IdkU

ELITE
IdkU
IdkU
ELITE
Ratings
They did have a method of choosing maps with the command /log (mapname) which was a nice addition but of course it broke and was never fixed. I think making it easier to select certain maps would be a really nice update to parkour as it means you don't need to go through all pages just to reach one of the last maps and if you miss click onto a map instead of the next page you gotta go through the pages again.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
This is a nice idea, and I know a lot of people would really like an update to the warp GUI (as Pres said). Again, fixing /log would at least be a nice substitution for your idea.

elliephxnt

ELITE
elliephxnt
elliephxnt
ELITE
Ratings
I like this, especially since it’s so tiring sometimes heading through all the pages just to find the one map you’re looking for.

Cherilyns

ELITE
Cherilyns
Cherilyns
ELITE
Ratings
7 2
This would be very epic since I’ve been farming an easy course which is on the last page so it takes aaaages to get to it

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
A map SEARCH would be even better!