[Idea/Suggestion] Allow Imported Parkour Maps

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
callingmyselfoutheresinceimbannedbutilikeparkour

ahem.
I remember this being a thing back in 2015/2016 but, For those who cant access creative or don't enjoy building near people/etc, There used to be a way we could upload parkour maps to the server via world downloads.

I feel like It'd be nice to implement this again, Especially for people who want to build neat things but can't get on the server for varying reasons; Whether it be they're banned, or maybe they can't play multiplayer but still like the idea of submitting parkour maps, or perhaps it's easier on them to just give a world download rather than build it on their creative plot.

Parkour Maps/Dropper Maps would still need to be original and be judged, But this would allow for more players to upload maps than just those who play on the creative server and build their maps there.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I like this idea. You could a schematic file to download and the file could be uploaded to the plot world to be judged. It's worth mentioning though that players aren't allowed to build on /Creative anymore, so there may be a reason why they couldn't.

lolol

Forum Expert
VIP
the_stunfisk
the_stunfisk
VIP
Ratings
246 7
I really like this idea, and if players have building mods for single-player worlds, they could be used to make better maps instead of on parkour mapmaker world where there's limited w/e only

Aloro

Forum Master
ELITE
aloro
aloro
ELITE
Ratings
529 26
I like this idea. You could a schematic file to download and the file could be uploaded to the plot world to be judged. It's worth mentioning though that players aren't allowed to build on /Creative anymore, so there may be a reason why they couldn't.
Mainly to do with perms on creative.

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
I really like this idea, and if players have building mods for single-player worlds, they could be used to make better maps instead of on parkour mapmaker world where there's limited w/e only
Yeahh and it could lead to better looking maps and would even allow for easier testing and stuff.

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
I think this is a rather good idea; modifications like WorldPainter, printer (Schematica), and full WorldEdit would be extremely useful, especially now that there are much larger maps being published on the server (for example, Kubikit's 2B map which took 100+ hours to build).