Islands Feedback

Kyle

Donator
Ratings
Today, Islands has been released (finally) for beta testing.

I would like to point out that I thought Islands would release EXACTLY at 12:00 PM EST so I waited until 4:00 AM EST for it to be released. #NoSleep
- - -
Spawn:

Spawn has been BEAUTIFULLY made. Kudos to the build team.

However, it is too large for players with no fly to get around since it is too big. For example, I'd bet everyone reading this that only <2% of players will get to see the skull. I'd suggest that Outlaws+ have access to /fly at spawn.

Also, it takes a bit of digging around to know where everything is. I'd suggest more holograms to lead the way to NPC's.

Otherwise, it fits the pirate theme that Islands has.
Banking/Shopping:

TLDR: The banking system is basically survival's system with a touch of creative gems and the skyblock auction system.

I like how the gem shop, for the most part, doesn't affect gameplay. There's still an incentive to get gems, though.

The marketplace could be more adjusted to the Islands economy. Right now, it's slightly modified and mostly, from survival. I like how there's more items than survival (@Dacon please add more items to Survival).

The auction house, like mentioned above, is basically from skyblock. Enough said.
Gambling:

The NPC and sign say it all.
- - -
Help/Information:

The help/information could be better advertised. I didn't even know there was help/information until I found this villager but most people won't know about this since people don't really look at the island closely.
The Island:

It's very well done. Lots of detail to minor things.

However, I didn't like that that there were only two islands (and a half) islands. As soon as you branch over to the other island, the feeling that this is an "island" is half gone. There should be more islands.

I also didn't like that there was no bottom layer for the "sea".
Challenges:

Seriously? This is the worst, most unoriginal part of islands.

Compare this to Skyblock's challenges.

Or another server's challenges.

Please make this actually a "twist" and add more challenges.
Donation Benefits:

Disclaimer: I can only speak for the Buccaneer rank as I am that rank.

/fly is very OP and ruins the islands feel.

Otherwise, it's balanced and cosmetic.
Conclusion:

Islands has a long way to go to come out of beta and go to a release. I'll be there for the whole journey.

I suggest everyone post their opinions about my opinions and new opinions.

DISCLAIMER: These are my opinions. Respect them and I'll respect yours.

GGaz

Ratings
10 3
Very well thought out feedback on Minevast's new and original gamemode! I'm sure the Minevast developers and owners will appreciate this and make changes accordingly. Great work!

Ratings
This is actually all of what I came here to say, with the exception of the whole fly thing fullstop. and the bottom of the sea. I think we dont need a bottom of the sea, its fine as it is, means that you cant dig down and hide from all the challenges of up top.
Fly is OP anyway for people that paid full price, and they get a massive advantage. I dont have means to buy any ranks for any servers, and find the perks that you get extremely OP. I think /fly should be added to gemshop for ~700 or a maximum length and a recharge be added

like 10 mins of flying, then a three minute recharge. They can find a way to make sure you dont die when you fall.

And i cri ere tim bc i fall in water and my 2000 ping kills me before i have the chance to get out.
(that was my only death :()