ThePKFish

Retired Mod+
ELITE
selfassured
selfassured
ELITE
Ratings
312 15
Hello Brady! Your course is too long to be a medium. The islands theme is definitely overused. Also, the build isn't very attractive and reminds me of both of the biomes courses. Also, a majority of the jumps are just floating blocks and are very repetitive. Besides this, good luck!

-Ashley (ThePKFish, fishy1980)

Ratings
Thanks for the feedback! tbh, idc if this gets accepted... I am just starting to learn about how to build the best parkour map ever! this was just an experiment, and i thought i might as well submit it just to see.

Txilsy

Forum Expert
VIP
Ratings
273 2
Hello Brady,

Thanks for submitting your map! I've come to inform you that this map will be rejected.

Points that influenced the decision:
- The theme 'islands' is very common on the parkour world and considering having the same theme over and over again would be boring, I'd suggest picking an original theme next time. Take a look around the current courses to see what themes have already been used.
- The build itself is quite simple, a few islands connected by parkour. The floating blocks however make the course less appealing to look at, same goes for the pixel art. When building a course, I suggest using organic builds rather than 2D.
- The jumps are straight forward, most of them are normal block jumps, mixed with a few ladder jumps. The jumps get repetitive, like Ashley stated above, so you would need more variety. Think of head hitter, fence, cobblestone wall, water and many more jumps.
- For a medium course, the length is fine, it's mostly the other points that need to be worked on.

Thanks again for submitting, we'd love to see another map sometime soon, so don't hesitate on making and submitting another one. :)

Also, if you have any questions or concerns, just PM me here on the forums or on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.