carvhes

Dedicated Member
ELITE
carvhes
carvhes
ELITE
Ratings
78 3
can't try out the parkour atm but the build looks great !!

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
878 13
Hey there o/

Just took a peek at your map, and wanted to give you a few comments:

The theme of the map is original, that is true, but I would say that the parkour kinda suffers from the theme. What I mean by this is that you built it accurately, and it looks great, but it's just not a great theme for putting parkour on in a cohesive or well blended way, mostly due to how flat kunai are. This is a theme I have thought about doing in the past, and decided against it because of this.

The parkour is mostly floating (at least on the outside part), which makes it really separated and not part of the build at all. And the variation is definitely better than your first map! But when talking about variation, we aren't talking so much about the blocks used themselves, but more so about the hitboxes you're seeing and using.

There's a few really good forum threads filled with info about using block variation effectively, here's one by caseyclosed: https://manacube.com/threads/basics-parkour-variance-and-self-constraint.78459/

I will also say that there's a few blocks in this map that tend to be glitchy or troublesome for people when they hit live, such as the way the anvil is placed in the beginning (anvils are good to stand on but can be buggy because of the way their hitbox mechanic works), and a piston head with the spike facing upward (these tend to bug people and are generally not used in this position because of this).

Sorry this is a lot, I can see the effort and potential in your mapmaking and if you want more info aside from what's in this already long post, hit me up on Discord :)

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello EmpatheticRemy and Rh3torical,

Your map will now be marked as ongoing; I have reviewed your map and it will now be discussed among map judges. This may take time, so please be patient.

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello EmpatheticRemy and Rh3torical,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is original, well done.
The build is a concern. It's quite flat, and resembles 3D pixel art. This is an issue as it's hard to make parkour with a structure like this.
The parkour overall is very inconsistent. Your parkour should be the same difficulty throughout the entire map. There's also a decent amount of floating parkour that just isn't needed.

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.