Rejected Ladderbrine - Easy (Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Sahunn
Map Name: Ladderbrine
Plot#: -37:93
Difficulty : Easy (Can Be Changed To Medium If Must)
Number of jumps: 44
Updates: Some Jumps Have Been Changed. Added Many Different Blocks Making The Parkour Look Good And Fun.
2020-05-04_10.32.12.png

2020-05-04_10.32.24.png

2020-05-04_10.32.41.png

2020-05-04_10.32.52.png
2020-05-04_10.39.18.png

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
618 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Originality/design ~ Firstly, nice build, it's a pretty good/basic design and definitely resembles our one and only Minecraft steve skin, unfortunately in the theme section your's is certainly not original, we've already got some steve maps, for example, SkeletalSteve pretty similar design/theme to your map submission, unfortunately.

Parkour difficulty/variety ~ I've definitely seen improvement from the Pumpkin map that you recently submitted, you've added some nice parkour block variety, I can see some interesting and unique parkour jumps that would definitely make your design more attractive and fun to play, sadly a handful of your parkour jumps are floating and that makes your steve map submission look quite messy with the floating blocks so I would recommend somehow connecting them to something to make your parkour less messy/scattered. Your parkour map's length/jump count is pretty satisfactory in my opinion, definitely matches an easy parkour map.

Good luck! :)

Ty and the map is based on herobrine and not steve and in the last submission ppl told me there is no herobrine based map.

Bloro

Forum Legend
ELITE
Bloro_
Bloro_
ELITE
Ratings
1,110 14
Hi Sahunn, I am here to give my honest opinion on this map. (I am just giving my opinion, this will not affect the final result)
I am going to give this map a -1, which means I think it will get rejected. And here is why.

1. The theme and originality: The theme is original, as there are no Herobrine maps now. But as Pro said, there is a map called SketetalSteve which just looks like this map but with Steve eyes. Also this map is also Minecraft related, and if I'm not mistaken, Minecraft themed builds aren't accepted anymore.

2. The build: The build is very accurate to the real Herobrine. It's good and basic, but still looks a lot like Herobrine himself. But sadly with the problem(s) I mentioned above, this might be a little too similar with SkeletalSteve and is also Minecraft related.

3. The parkour: The parkour is okay. It is pretty varied and was fun to play, but sadly some of it was quite floaty. But the length and the jump difficulty definitely fits the level of the map.

Once again, this is just my opinion on the map, not the official judging on the map.
And also, I hope that this post does not make you lose confidence in yourself, and I think that you should continue making more maps!
Good luck, Sahunn!

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello Sahunn,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme is somewhat original, there aren't any herobrine maps, however the general theme of minecraft is very overdone and unoriginal. Please refer to the document in this thread - https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/ to make sure your map idea is original.
The build isn't great. It is accurate to the theme, however it is quite blocky and plain - I do understand though that it is herobrine so it is inevitable that it will be simple and blocky.
The parkour is varied, you used a nice variety of blocks and items, creating original and enjoyable jumps. It did feel a little repetitive with ladders at times especially in the start, but overall your parkour has nice variety.
The length and difficulty are good for an easy map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.