Map Name: Layers
Plot: /plot visit Chrisstar56 1
Difficulty: Medium
Photos:
2019-11-20_00.08.08.png
2019-11-20_00.06.43.png
2019-11-20_00.07.57.png

Description:
The Map is built (like the name suggests) in Layers. Each one is focusing on one single Element, like water, full blocks, fences, etc.. The outer sections are longer but not so hard while the inner layers get harder but shorter.

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
Its an interesting concept but its likely not going to get accepted because of the parkour. Instead of focusing on one singular block type for each layer, it should be a variety in each layer, the only thing changing between layers being the difficulty. I like the build myself because its something I haven't seen before, but even when disregarding the parkour, its still iffy whether this would be accepted because of how simple the build is. I would wait until a judge comments on here to see what they have to say about the build, and then re-do the parkour if they think its fine. Some extra comments: There was a skip right at the beginning of the fence section, you can immediately jump over the slab and get into the next level. I personally find water parkour tedious, and this many water jumps in a row feels too cruel for a medium. The number of jumps may be too much for a medium too, but I haven't counted them

Luci

Forum Expert
ELITE
drowfie
drowfie
ELITE
Ratings
98 3
Hello,

I'm sorry to inform you that your map has unfortunately been rejected due to the following reasons.
Firstly, the theme is unoriginal, as we already have a lot of maps revolving around a 'rainbow' theme, the build is alright, but could easily be improved as there really isn't a main build. My main concern for this submission, is the parkour, although the jumps fit the difficulty, I found it a bit to long to fit the medium difficulty you were going for, I also found that the parkour only consisted of ladders, stairs, etc. throughout the map in large quantities.

In the future when creating a map submission, please refer to the official map (with theme) list here: https://www.manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/, I also strongly recommend using the map submission format and information here: https://www.manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/ , as well as remembering to add more variety with your blocks when creating parkour, I personally recommend the blocks soulsand, vines, ice, trapdoors, brewing stands, and etc.

Thank you for taking the time to create, and submit this map, I'd love to see more from you in the future!
Luci

Status
Not open for further replies.